Forum Thread
BF1942 mod (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : BF1942 mod) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

I think that a Battlefield 1942 Counter-Strike mod would be a good idea to think about.

BF got better graphics...
therefore better guns, players, maps...
vehicles could be made...
there are a lot of things that could be made better...

AT LEAST IT SHOULD BE THOUGTH ABOUT BECAUSE I THINK IT COULD BE A GREAT ONE... THERE ARE A LOT OF CS FANS OUT THERE!

WHAT DO YOU THINK PPL???

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

I don't think that's such a great idea. Battlefield 1942 is an engine which is more orientated for large outdoor areas, whereas the gameplay dynamics of Counter-Strike are suited for indoor or urban environments. And besides, with Condition Zero coming out in a week, CS gamers will be pleased with the better guns, better players, better maps, and most importantly, better graphics. I doubt anyone will want to recreate CS for Battlefield, which would take upwards of three months, when we already have a brand new CS game with us right now.

--

User Posted Image

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

alright it was just an idea...
didnt actually know condition zero was coming out in a week cuz it always keeps being delated....
well i guess i gotta think of something else and i promise its gonna be original...

thanks for the info frosty

later

frosty-theaussie
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

I got my information from the folk at PlanetHalfLife. They (alledgedly) have a review copy on hand.

We've finally received official word from Vivendi regarding Counter-Strike: Condition Zero:
Vivendi Universal Games is in the process of localizing the game in multiple territories for a world-wide simultaneous ship, and will be officially announcing a ship date in the coming weeks.
And since we've been given an official copy of CS: CZ, that probably means it really will be released sometime soon. We'll have our first impressions up later today.

But then again... FragMaster... :(

--

User Posted Image

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

if it can be called an idea, then its one of the most stupid ideas i have ever heard in my life... and don't make many posts about a one thing

that's just the same as counterstrike, just "better weapons graphics vehicles etc." :P

- Edited By BartNowciu On Sat 31st, Jan 2004 @ 12:20:51pm

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

OMG!
I WLILL! HELP YUO!

--

STILL BAD, STILL BALLIN'
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

Some people already tried making a CS mod for BF, but I'm pretty sure it died fairly quickly...

- Edited By Plaidmonkey On Sat 31st, Jan 2004 @ 11:21:59am

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

it sounds like a horrible idea :sick:

--

Nothing.

Garglet
Garglet I can't get the neighbours cat out of my house!
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

frosty_theaussie wrote: I don't think that's such a great idea. Battlefield 1942 is an engine which is more orientated for large outdoor areas, whereas the gameplay dynamics of Counter-Strike are suited for indoor or urban environments. And besides, with Condition Zero coming out in a week, CS gamers will be pleased with the better guns, better players, better maps, and most importantly, better graphics. I doubt anyone will want to recreate CS for Battlefield, which would take upwards of three months, when we already have a brand new CS game with us right now.

yeah, he's right. exactly right.

--

look at me, i have no signature!

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

I WIL TSILL HELP YUO!

--

STILL BAD, STILL BALLIN'
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Garglet
Garglet I can't get the neighbours cat out of my house!
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

wtf?

--

look at me, i have no signature!

frosty-theaussie
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

omFGz! BaD-cOmPaNy PM an3d we w1ll mazke a teem!
I can make multiple posts across many forums on the internet and you can pimp it in online games.

--

User Posted Image

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

condition zero is finaly coming out?

i'll sit here and sleep. will you add me to the team?

frosty-theaussie
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

Consider it done. But we need to think of a really, unoriginal, stupid, half-arsed name. How does Battlefield-Strike sound? Or Counter-field?

--

User Posted Image

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

Battle-Strike sounds like a good combination of half-arsed,unoriginal, and stupid.

--

User Posted Image

Louis M. , HL1/HL2 Mapper

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

Counter-strike for Battlefield 1942.

lets make it so if your in a plane's gunner spot, you can play the origanal cs while your waiting for something to shoot at.

Jan 31 2004 Anchor

lmao.... okay... wont be hard... :-D ... CS .. with vehicles? OUTRAGEOUS.. Half-life has the most gayest gayest vehicles... lmao... the wheels dont move.. and they turn faster than light... *sigh* , cant wait till HL2 comes out :-/

--

User Posted Image

Louis M. , HL1/HL2 Mapper

frosty-theaussie
Jan 31 2004 Anchor

I can't wait until Far Cry comes out. So far, we've only seen one vehicle in HL2; the buggy, whereas we've actually got to play with the raft and tank, and seen the assault boat in Far Cry. So how about CS for Far Cry? We can still have our vehicles too. And the best thing is, Far Cry actually is coming out this year!

--

User Posted Image

Feb 1 2004 Anchor

frosty!
did yuo gte a chance to statr on those modles~/?

--

STILL BAD, STILL BALLIN'
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Feb 1 2004 Anchor

i'm doing my part, i got 8 hours of sleep.
i'll record some snoring sound affects.

Feb 1 2004 Anchor

SNED ME THE FILES!

--

STILL BAD, STILL BALLIN'
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

frosty-theaussie
Feb 2 2004 Anchor

i'm doing my part, i got 8 hours of sleep.
i'll record some snoring sound affects.

BWAHAAHAA!

frosty!
did yuo gte a chance to statr on those modles~/?

Uh, yeah, right the models. You see, I, Frosty, am shareware, so I only make up to ten polygons. After that you have to send $19.95 to my address. Once I receive the money I will send you a serial number, which chances are won't work.

- Edited By frosty_theaussie On Mon 2nd, Feb 2004 @ 12:35:28am

--

User Posted Image

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Feb 3 2004 Anchor

What a crap idea O_o

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.