Forum Thread
Battlefield 3 Beta Opinions?? (Forums : Console Gaming : Battlefield 3 Beta Opinions??) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 6 2011 Anchor

I've been playing the beta for a few hours now and I can honestly say I hate it...

The controls are total balls
I hate being forced to use shitty AKs and all those rubbish guns when I'm on the OpFor
and the view bobbing is really pissing me off....

Not to mention it takes forever to get into a game (I expect that to go away when it's released..)

I think its is just a copy of Medal Of Honor (Which was horseshit as well)

Anyone else got an opinion... I just wanna see what other people think

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Oct 6 2011 Anchor

HaydenB wrote: I've been playing the beta for a few hours now and I can honestly say I hate it...

The controls are total balls
I hate being forced to use shitty AKs and all those rubbish guns when I'm on the OpFor
and the view bobbing is really pissing me off....

Not to mention it takes forever to get into a game (I expect that to go away when it's released..)

I think its is just a copy of Medal Of Honor (Which was horseshit as well)

Anyone else got an opinion... I just wanna see what other people think

Its a game where you play as Joe mc'gunshooter who has slowly created a reputation for shooting guns of all descriptions. His russian half-brother Joeth Mc'othergunshooter is also known as a person who can shoot many guns, both men where cloned for the sake of each great nations are used as surrogates for children and patriotic men to be trained in the lost ways of shooting guns.

Needless to say this technology is very extreme, if we could use this for the greater good of the world it would be a better use for it all.

--

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
Oct 6 2011 Anchor

After the 3 hours it took me to download all the crap you need in order to play plus another extra hour spent trying to join a server because the awful Web App that they force you to download in order to play the game doesn't have a auto-retry function, I gave up.

The game sounds great, but EA is doing some really dumb shit with it.

Edited by: macacos2

--

Kyou.
Kyou. Mornin.
Oct 6 2011 Anchor

FLASHLIGHTS!

Oct 6 2011 Anchor

I liked It had no problem getting the beta to install.

It just keeps crashing... After Every game it crashes :/

Oct 7 2011 Anchor

I have mixed feelings. I like the sounds a LOT. The controls can be rebinded, so that's no reason to dislike the game, although I have to admit that I was WTFing at the default controls, too. The movement feels very nice, I like the combat (especially the amount of damage soldiers can take is IMO prety well balanced), but I really dislike the scope glint (?) on sniper rifles. I think they should limit the amount of snipers in a team like red orchestra did instead of discouraging going sniper this way, because a sniper that can't really hide is merely a marksman. Also, the flashlights and laser sights are freaking annoying.

I'll play the beta some more and see if I'll decide to buy it.

EDIT: Oh and something I really hate is the joining-through-website stuff, and Origin. But I thought this thread was about the game itself.

Edited by: SIGILL

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.