Forum Thread
Battlefield 2 (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 2) Locked
Thread Options
PsychoBrat
PsychoBrat Bratticus Psychosis
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

Some of you may not be aware, but the sequal to Battlefield 1942 - ever so creatively named Battlefield 2 is under development, and some very drool-worthy videos have been released of its gameplay.

Official yet fairly useless site here:
Eagames.com

Videos:
Fileplanet.com

Gamespy interview:
Pc.gamespy.com

From what I've heard so far, BF2 will easily stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the likes of Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, and as such I'm waiting until its released to throw many thousands of dolloars into an insanely good gaming rig.

Happy drooling! :D

-jEFF :)

--

modDB▪GuyTypeThing
Sanity is merely a temporary state on your way to achieving true madness

Jun 19 2004 Anchor

im quite aware and waiting for this game.. others feel hl2 will knock its socks off.. pfft, no one can harness the great power which is in the hands of BF2 !! :P

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

I read an article about BF2 in a magazine, and my pages got all wet with drool afterwoods. :D

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Jun 19 2004 Anchor

The video seemed alittle wierd.

It was like Doom3 with huge outdoor space.

Im not sure if the video framerate was crap, or the games framerate was crap.

Either way it seems to have taken a huge leap0r.

--

Why wont it save me?

Jun 19 2004 Anchor

the game will run smooth :P

chis
chis Old man.
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

looks awesome

although I heard it wont be out until around late 2005

--

Nothing.

Jun 19 2004 Anchor

thats when FEAR comes out to... i be sure to try out both

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

So there's wars that take place in 2 AD? Interesting.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Ikarus
Ikarus Press Member
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

Comparing the game to HL2 and Doom 3 isn't very appropriate, as it is mostly a MP game. As for the graphics - as one colleague of mine stated "It looks soooo Direct X 9!" :) What more to add...

The Commander Mode looks interesting and will hopofully bring some order in tha lama-filled servers (or create even more confusion ot the frontlines if a lame-ass commander is in charge:)) Still a nice move from DICE. Once Natural Selection proved that it can be done, big companies are now willing to experiment. hooray for mods once again:)

P.P Hehe F.E.A.R is onother story:) WIcked move from Monolith, i like these guys. A lot of ideas we have already seen in other games, but this time impemented in an unseen before way. VERY nice. Not to mension how good the game looks at this shots and the short E3 trailer..

- Edited By ikarus On Sun 20th, Jun 2004 @ 2:50:27am

--

I got no picture and no meaningful text in my signature:)

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote: I read an article about BF2 in a magazine, and my pages got all wet with drool afterwoods. :D

Would that have been issue #101 of the almighty PC PowerPlay? ;)

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.