Forum Thread
Bank Assault- A Battlefield 2 Modification (Forums : Development Banter : Bank Assault- A Battlefield 2 Modification) Locked
Thread Options
May 17 2004 Anchor

Yes, I know, it's a little early to be making a battlefield 2 mod considering that the game is a year away, but we plan to get all that we can do before the game is released. So here is the info.

We're not trying to pull off anything really progressive. Bank Assault sends the player back to assume the role of a member of the mafia or as a cop in the 1920s.

Featuring:
-A diverse cityscape.
-A varying arsenal of weaponry,ranging from the then innovative Thompson to a 9mm revolver.
-Realistic era vehicles.
-Varying classes from explosive experts to assault men.

It's cops and robbers 1920's style. Where over 100 people dual it out in intense online gameplay. Simply put, the mafia tries to get the cash by any means possible, deposited in various banks throughout the map. The cops just try to stop the robbers.

Modes:
-Assault
-Team Deathmatch
-More....being formulated

Here is what members we are currently seeking

-2 talented modelers- with the ability to character model, car model, and do gun model as well. (If you can uvmap your own work that is always a plus).

-2 texturing artists- Have to be able to impress PoopiePants and me, that's not that hard.

-1 Graphic Artist- For making banners, sigs, etc.

-1 Webmaster- Our current mod members really specialize in other tasks. We really need someone to make a site to get us up and rolling.

-1 Sound Artist- For anything from music, to actual game sounds.

-1 Public Relations manager- Basic job is to get the ball rolling on our mod. Get the news out and get new people to help us out.

-0 beta testers. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The game is just being displayed at E3 and is a year away. We don't need people requesting to beta test. We will put a call out on our forums for beta testers so keep checking in.

We are hiring on the basis of what you can show us, thus we need some examples of previous work. Any applications can be either sent to traxil@hotmail.com with APPLICATION in the subject or drop by our temporary forums (Click on sig) and make a post in our Join the Team Category.

Questions, Suggestions, and Comments can be directed on this post or on the forums.

Thanks Traxil aka T-dizzle.

- Edited By traxil On Mon 17th, May 2004 @ 10:44:08am
- Edited By traxil On Mon 17th, May 2004 @ 10:25:30pm

--

User Posted Image

Dragonmaw
Dragonmaw modDB Ninja
May 17 2004 Anchor

Kind of early huh :P

Wait another couple months until Battlefield 2 is put into the DB, then start the mod

--

User Posted Image

arghvark
arghvark (Cult) Member
May 17 2004 Anchor

Traxil wrote:
-0 beta testers. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The game is just being displayed at E3 and is a year away. We don't need people requesting to beta test. We will put a call out on our forums for beta testers so keep checking in.

- Edited By traxil On Mon 17th, May 2004 @ 10:44:08am

ahahah

Traxil wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

best of luck man.

--

Karuto wrote: Spammers? Excuse me, but I always contribute to the conversation and hardly ever go off-topic. Not to mention, I contribute more to my post than just a plain one-liner. I may post a lot, but I'm not a spammer along the terms you guys set, but whatever...

Irony at its finest.
User Posted Image

May 17 2004 Anchor

how different is this than modding hl2? i guess thats shown a TON more work than Bf2.... hmm....

but thats only a rough feature list. and most of the bf1942 mods are STAYING and not moving to Vietnam, good i guess.

May 17 2004 Anchor

Well like I said we plan to get all that we can done before the game is even released. We kind of know that no one wants to help at the moment but hey, if we can get this going then all the more power to us, and more of a way to show the people how they made a mistake back then. You can observe that we are attempting to do much what POE is for vietnam. They got the most of their models and menus done before the game was released and they look to be the best mod going right now.

As for a "rough feature list" well yeah, what am I supposed to extrapolate if most of the game we are modding is still shrowed in mystery at this point. It's all things that we would like to see happen but are unsure are going to. Because a lot changes in a year.

We are optimistic that people will help but if not, we're not really too worried.

--

User Posted Image

May 21 2004 Anchor

starting early is always the best :)
oldfaq

May 24 2004 Anchor

One idea would be to start early like planned, But on the side, you can test your models and ideas and such in BF: Vietnam. Its so easy to mod its not even funny. You can then have in-game renders/Concept type stuff... You may end up making a mini-mod or something... Its a good start and something to do while waiting for BF2.

--

Conflict: Middle East

Moddb Snowblower

May 24 2004 Anchor

So true, and that's the plan. We are rendering our models with the battlefield rendering system. We are also going to, providing we have time and we should, code the weaponry. Why? Well, the system is going to be relatively the same I would bet. It may be a waste of time, and that's why it comes last, but if bf2 uses the same basic coding style. We should be set. Less than a month after the game comes out we could probably get some alpha going. Of course that seems way down the road. Especially with so little staff as we do have now. But we are working as hard as we can and as fast as possible for that matter.

--

User Posted Image

May 25 2004 Anchor

Just keep going at it. People like Mafia stuff usually, so eventually you should have a full team. Good luck mate

snow

--

Conflict: Middle East

Moddb Snowblower

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.