Forum Thread
Animator/Rigger for CryEngine 3 (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : Animator/Rigger for CryEngine 3) Locked
Thread Options
Bravo81
Bravo81 Greenlight Games Ltd
Apr 19 2013 Anchor

Hi there, if your reading this post then I'm assuming you are a an Animator/Rigger.

My name is Dean, I live in the UK and have decided to bring an idea I've pondered on for a year to life.

It's called The Contract, its about a young Assassin called Jason Borg employed by a government agency. This is a realistic game, you will see through the eyes of Jason. So when he blinks, you will too. On top of this, there will be no HUD! No magical map placements or health bars. Chances are if you get shot, you're dead. You will have to use speed, silence, wit and agility to navigate through the game and avoid detection to complete your contract. But if you get caught, its not game over; far from it! Shoot and fight your way through security details to get the job done. But don't think this is your normal gun n run, drop a half full magazine and its gone! No magical bullet counting. Average equipment is a Pistol with a Suppressor and 3 Magazines.

Could you storm a 4 story Factory with that? We don't think so.

Avoid CCTV, casting shadows and making noise. Our AI will be programmed to react to real life situations!

We are really trying to raise the bar here, we are aiming at a high quality experience with stunning graphics and fun gameplay.
I am in search of Programmers to help build this game on the amazing CryEngine 3, I've picked it for the real time shadows, high quality graphics and just amazing titles that it has produced.

Currently our Modellers are creating characters and we now need Bones!

This game will be built to sell, I intend on making everyone involved money. Be it a full wage from Funding applications or large compensation amounts from our revenue of sales. If you stick with us and the project gets completed, you will get paid.

As it stands the team consists of 4 people:Bravo81 - That would be me, I am the Project Manager. I will be writing up all the information about the game, managing marketing and other related issues. I also know how to use Visual Studio which is required to code the CryEngine3 but I don't know C++, only C#. But if its similar I will do my best to help out.I have purchased a domain name for the game, www.thecontractgame.co.uk and will be developing the website over the next couple of weeks including community forums.

Personally I have previous experience in the Source DK, using Hammer from CS1.6 through to CS:GO. I enjoy mapping and will be learning the Cry Sandbox throughout the project so I can contribute.

AzureEternal - Bradly is from the US and is the projects Writer/Editor. He will oversee all documents that are created and will build Character Bios, Story lines, Background Stories and other relevant information.

KayaQue - Stian is from Norway and is our first C++ / LUA Programmer.

Sherif - Sherif is from Egypt, he is our Modeller. Sherif will be designing level props, characters and weapons.

Blowrs - Andy is from the UK, he is our Sound Engineer and Music Producer, he will create music and theme tunes for the game and help render our sound effects.Of course we are still looking for people to join our team so if you have other skills we could use such as programming, 3D modelling, texturing, animation, voice acting and so on then please get in touch!

Regarding team work, we will be using an online team management system where everyone will be able to login, view their tasks/milestones and report back.

Devs will be able to comment on features and post suggestions/bugs as we go through the project. All game files will be uploaded to this online management system for ease of access but some certain files will be restricted via permissions as required.

I am not asking for you to devote your life here, just a few hours a week. Also, I'm not expecting amazing animators from around the world to drop at my feet. If you're new to it, give us a shout. We will be happy to see how you can contribute and get you on board.

Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this!

Bravo81

--

Greenlight Games Ltd

Apr 21 2013 Anchor

Sounds very nice! Reminds about 'Elite Special Forces' in some way.. Glad to see some realism here, good luck on your project.
Andreas, Project Leader, Art Director and Lead Level Designer of 'Elite' & Founder of RealisitcGameStudios

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.