Forum Thread
Addon DB Mapping Comp #1 - Winners (Forums : Contests & Jams : Addon DB Mapping Comp #1 - Winners) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 20 2007 Anchor

The Addon DB Living on the Edge mapping competition was a great success with 8 awe inspiring entries received. After playing the maps and grading them on design and detail, picking the top 3 was a tough task. In the end the following winners were chosen with the first two both receiving a prize from the Mod DB Game Store.

1st Place DM-Alice

DM Alice is fast and fun as well as being a treat for the eyes. It plays great with bots, better with friends and is the winner of the living on the edge mapping competition.

2nd Place DE-Heavens

A creative style with an evenly balanced layout makes DE Heavens great fun to play and a good challenge for even the best teams.

3rd Place DE-Rift

Picking 3rd place wasn't easy and only after much discussion (and arguing) was DE Rift chosen for its innovative take on living on the edge, being: "you're living in a world on the edge of collapse." In DE Rift you play through 4 different themes all on one map, the screenshots don’t do the map justice.

Finally, thanks and well done to all contestants. The entries are top notch - so be sure to browse and play them @ Addon DB. Look out for the next competition coming soon!

Jyffeh
Jyffeh I am arch jailbird scowl.
Mar 21 2007 Anchor

They all look pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to the next contest.

--

User Posted Image

Yak.RUS wrote: We had a girl in my school that took LCD and now she thinks shes a balloon for the rest of her life.

Sallycin
Sallycin Mystical
Apr 3 2007 Anchor

Now we need a web design contest, with tons of prizes, including huge sums of money. XD

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.