Forum Thread
Poll: Do you want to add the Tomb Raider 4 engine to Moddb? (27 votes)
Adding mods for the Tomb Raider 4 engine? (Forums : Suggestions : Adding mods for the Tomb Raider 4 engine?) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 2 2010 Anchor

Wouldn't be a great idea to allow custom mods (or custom levels as a better term) for Tomb Raider 4 on Moddb?
Although the engine dates back to 1999, and that there is not much scripting invloved (Seriously, only scripts are for level titles, language, and internal syntax commands in the updated engine. ALOT, is hardcoded unfortunately ) I still think it would be nice. The engine Core Design used way back in 1999 is available for free, bundled with the level editor (used to create maps) Although the fans and community continue to advance the engine, and made improvements such as;
-Support for 256x256 textures (The max was 64x64 in the original engine)
-More in-game memory,
-Support for ogg vorbis sound, and music (previously was only .wav)
-Support for higher poly models (Not too high though)
-Support for many other things not present in the 1999 engine.
There are many models from characters (Although due to all the hardcoding, the default & easiest to work with would be Lara) Weapons, objects etc.(cont)

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Oct 2 2010 Anchor

If you want to see a game on ModDB, add it it the list ;)

Oct 2 2010 Anchor

Really? I never knew that :o
How do I go about that?

And just an idea of a screen in-game
User Posted Image

Edited by: SEGIII

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Oct 3 2010 Anchor
Oct 3 2010 Anchor

Alright, thanks :)

I hope a few people take interest in mods for this game.

Hmph, I added it, it got deleted. It won't let me edit.
Oh well. :| How am I supposed to add it if it won't let me edit the game with screens?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.