Forum Thread
About member Charles1337 (Forums : Support : About member Charles1337) Locked
Thread Options
CrazyGoat
CrazyGoat Always very :tired:
May 28 2006 Anchor

Dear administrators, members and /or other viewers of the moddb. First of all, I apologize to everyone for my bad english and I hope we?ll understand each other properly. I?m also grateful for your time and understanding for reading this topic which may be a bit too long and I hope everyone will make a good thinking about this I?ll write. I?m aware of the risk of making a topic like this, but please don?t think of it as, in the lack of a good phrase, ?my telling what you have to do?. It?s about the member of this forum, Charles1337 and others like him. I?ve reviewed everything he said and I can?t neglect several things I?ve noticed:

-is he a mentally ill person (someone on the forums said that he is crying for attention, I think that can be also put into the same group of mental illness, not to mention his words that he didn?t passed spelling in school)?
-is he just fooling around?
-is he just immature?
-lack of home bringing-up
-and/or something else

Still, for what he did he apologized several times, (I also saw traces of intelligence and mod skills, if they are his), yet he is banned and humiliated by many on this website (please, why to make a website with his quotes when, for all we know, among the famous sentence that he doesn?t have legs, he may have some other problems, health, family, or of some other nature). I think it is our duty as well raised, educated and mature persons to share our knowledge, wisdom (if anyone of us here has it) with those inexperienced, young, immature (etc.) the same way as we should help to others who are in troubles (at the time I was writing this, I?ve heard that over 5000 people died after an earthquake on a Java /I hope it is written correctly/ island; many others require help because of the lack of medical equipment and pure water, clothing and food, off topic, but important and very sad news). I had the luck not to be mocked after several first posts on moddb (which could change very easily, probably after this topic), which I like to think as a place when (mostly) nice, (usually) smart and (often) young people gather to discuss just about anything. Think of yourselves when you didn?t know anything on this world. How would you feel if someone did things to you, things like you did to Charles1337 and those like him, on a place where people communicate, place such is an internet forum. How many people you hurt by spamming and flaming them, making them ashamed of themselves, scaring them and by that you denied them access to the information that should be free for everyone? In zits topic, someone irresponsibly gave some risky advices that could lead to (maybe fatal) injuries. What anyone knows about Charles1337 (except the fact that he is very young) and others like him? What you may have done to him and others like him? Isn?t there enough suffering on this crazy world, so we add more of it by mocking Charles1337 and others like him? I must admit, I enjoy laughing at his posts, but that is funny enough, there is no need for anyone to say to him, and/or others like him, anything in an unconstructive and hostile manner ?just to make a point?.

Therefore, I hereby ask administrators of moddb to think about lifting the ban on Charles1337, and by that letting him to continue participating in this rich, diverse and colorful world of global communication concentrated in such a nice and friendly environment like moddb and its forum. I also ask other members to stay open-minded when they start to communicate with a ?noob? and/or other members and to be first who will lend a hand when it is necessary and not to reply with insults and/or other bad language to the insults and/or other bad language. BUT ALSO, I MUST POINT TO CHARLES1337 AND OTHERS LIKE HIM: it is AT LEAS POLITE to be understandable for those who you intent to communicate with. Don?t be eager to insult someone and don?t interpret others efforts to give you the advice as an act of hostility. And of course, everything I said here about other members goes for you too. Once again, thank you in advance.

--

Really good luck in everything that is really good.

If you lack experience, for your own sake and for the well being of the others on the internet, including the fine folks here at the ModDB and AddonDB and anywhere else please CLICK HERE. Thank you

...and also don't forget to visit this website too... unless you are already there, then don't forget to come back here :moddb:

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
May 28 2006 Anchor

The thing about Charles1337, he's just a lost cause and obviously acting. Steam can't (and seriously) can not run on Windows 95, which makes the whole thing as a suspicious act too, if you investigate his posts further you will realize how much of it is too farce to be a real n00b.

His existence on moddb was only exploited by other n00bs as ego fodder.

Edited by (in order): leilei, leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

May 28 2006 Anchor

charles was a sad child with no fett(feet) with asprations of a uber person.
I dought he will be unbanned

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
May 28 2006 Anchor
RatoN
RatoN We're going to the Winchester
May 28 2006 Anchor

It will be considered, but he may be just too young to handle this community.

The main problem here, acting or not, is that he caused too many of our members to lose grip on maturity, and once he started to become insulting, the decision was made to maintain order.

Now because he's currently banned, the insulting statements towards Charles1337 need to stop, and at the risk of MORE insulting statements that will surely ensure, I'm locking this thread.

Once again, it will be considered.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.