Forum Thread
503 Service Unavailable (Forums : Support : 503 Service Unavailable) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 12 2014 Anchor

When I try to access IndieDB, modDB or Desura I get "503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request."

I had to use a proxy to access the site and post this.... what happened?

Jan 12 2014 Anchor

Nothing Restart comp mess with your browser how are we supposed to know? :P

--

wtf is a signature? Rambo

Jan 12 2014 Anchor

It's not my computer/browser, I'm not an idiot...

It is going on for 2 days now. I have 3 PC's with two different ISP providers and none can access the site. Mozilla, Chrome can't access the site.

I went to a friend's house in another part of town and he can't access the sites either.

NOTE: The fact that IT WORKS using a proxy should have told you that it's not a problem on my end.

UPDATE: It started working on the PC where I have another ISP. The other two are PC still can't access it without going through a proxy.

Edited by: Lightang3l

Jan 12 2014 Anchor

Have you been banned from the site maybe? That would be a possible reason for your normal IP to be unable to gain access.

Jan 12 2014 Anchor

This seems to be the same problem.

Jan 12 2014 Anchor

Yldrania wrote: Have you been banned from the site maybe? That would be a possible reason for your normal IP to be unable to gain access.

Why would I be banned? I still have my account as you can clearly see, I'm posting from it...

I never had this problem and I visited indieDB for the last year constantly...

Well... it works now. I did not do anything, I literally changed nothing, I just watched a movie and now it works, after two days of not working.

Close topic I guess.

Jan 12 2014 Anchor

Hello Folks

The gremlin that was causing these issues was :de: taken down at 2am gmt. Let us know if there's any further issues.

Aaron

Jan 23 2014 Anchor

I am still experiencing issues with '503 Service Unavailable' every other day...

Jan 23 2014 Anchor

JDB_Artist wrote: I am still experiencing issues with '503 Service Unavailable' every other day...

Looks like your on ipv6, if you know how to set yourself to ipv4 try that, otherwise clear your cache and cookies, then try again.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.