Forum Thread
1000 Game Ideas! (Forums : General Banter : 1000 Game Ideas!) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 21 2013 Anchor

Post what game idea you would like to see be made and give a short description of it. 2D games please! Thanks!
Ex.
1. 2-D medieval RPG where you can customize your character and fight online while building a castle for protection.

P.S YOUR IDEA COULD BECOME A REAL GAME. I AM AN INDIE DEVELOPER, AND I WANT TO MAKE A GAME BASED OFF OF AN IDEA ON THIS FORUM. So Please, NO JOKING AROUND. THANK YOU!!!

Edited by: romofan23

Jun 21 2013 Anchor

2. How about a 2d shooter with co-op campaign and deathmatchs and team deathmatchs etc. It should be called Deathless

Jun 21 2013 Anchor

romofan23 wrote: 1. 2-D medieval RPG where you can customize your character and fight online while building a castle for protection.

Check King Arthur's Gold!

Anyway, random idea:

It's the year 3086. The Republican Technogotten Empire is facing a a heavy economical crisis that threatens to extinguish the Empire. As a counter-measure and in an evil act of desperation, the 12 sages of Technogottland decide to send a special monkey unit (SMU) to take down different European important military targets to change the course of History and stop the economical crisis.

2D platformer going around trenches and taking powerups in the style of Metal Slug series. Maybe with some character customization to keep things interesting and arcade multiplayer on one machine (not split screen).

Jun 26 2013 Anchor

I think a game thats like a multiplayer deathmatch style game in a giant jungle/forest with ghillie suit type things on and only knives/ bows would be cool, with the ability to climb trees/cliffs. not sure if third person or first person would be best.

Edit: didn't see the 2D only part, sorry :P

Edited by: AudioGhostX

Jun 26 2013 Anchor

4. A 2D game set in a food court of a shopping mall where you have to battle disgruntled McDonalds employees, kick over tables and throw burgers, milkshakes etc as projectiles. I would call it Food Court Fighter.

Edited by: plinkie

Jun 27 2013 Anchor

GecoGaming wrote: 2. How about a 2d shooter with co-op campaign and deathmatchs and team deathmatchs etc. It should be called Deathless

Or maybe Call of 2D.

Edited by: AudioGhostX

Jun 27 2013 Anchor

OfficialSam wrote:

GecoGaming wrote: 2. How about a 2d shooter with co-op campaign and deathmatchs and team deathmatchs etc. It should be called Deathless

Or maybe Call of 2D.

lol

romofan23 wrote: Post what game idea you would like to see be made and give a short description of it. 2D games please! Thanks!

5. A monster that lives in the attic and has to stealthily kidnap kids around a house while avoiding adults by placing traps and causing distractions. Think of a cross between Home Alone and MJ's Moonwalker. That level of controversy... : D

Edited by: plinkie

Jun 27 2013 Anchor

6:There Was A Game That Is On Xbox 360 Called Total Miner I Think They Should Bring That To The Internet Or Put It On Steam Or Something I Really Enjoyed That Game A lot. I Realize Its Not 2D Or A Custom Idea But I Want To See It Become On The PC

Jun 30 2013 Anchor

Well this didn't take off too well. I thought this was a good idea for a thread.. : P

Jun 30 2013 Anchor

plinkie wrote: Well this didn't take off too well. I thought this was a good idea for a thread.. : P

Yeah, I know. I was hoping I would get a lot of feedback. :(

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

I have a game idea, create a game where the player can build a virtual version of someone they are annoyed at and then you allowed to beat the living daylights out of the annoying virtual character. :devil: I bet people would love to create virtual versions of their bosses and beat the living daylights of of him/her, don't forget to add lots of weapons/ways to take revenge like using a baseball bat!
But I think the violence level should be low though and limit the use of blood and dismemberment, that stuff is just wrong.

Edited by: TenaciousXL

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

TenaciousXL wrote: These are 3D games but I think these games really need to be remade, they have a lot of potential but the existing implementations were limited or poorly made:
Monsters Land(FREE, 8MB):
This game has a simple premise that basically involves shooting everything that moves! Its a simple game but quite fun IMHO! You have a variety of weapons and feels a bit like quake, the company which developed the game is long gone but I felt there was a lot of potential for this game.
If it had been remade to included a basic story and more levels, better graphics and make it multiplayer (via LAN or Online) and I think this could have had a market!
Note: Its pretty violent!

Ostrich Runner (FREE, 88MB):
Another game with a great idea but had poor implementation issues. The game involves racing ostriches (interesting eh?) around a track while collecting eggs and not tripping or getting wiped out from the large number of obstacles in the way.
The main problems were, too many obstacles even on easy mode, it was too easy to trip on your opponents, you had to collect a minimum number of eggs before you can go to the next level (apart from coming first in the race).
The graphics are quite cool too!
Note: The game if available free from Gametop.com, if you do not trust that site then please do not download this game.
don't worry its in english

this thread was meant to be for posting new game ideas.

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

I know that but in reality what really is a 'new' game idea anyway :?

So many are just rehashes and modifications of old ones.

Just saying... :P

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

TenaciousXL wrote: I know that but in reality what really is a 'new' game idea anyway :?

So many are just rehashes and modifications of old ones.

Just saying... :P

Yes but you have literally pasted in a screenshot of a game saying check this game out. That isn't what the thread was created for.

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

Create a platformer which has a computing history based theme, ie you battle viruses and multinational corporations like Micro$oft and Apple and you could also elements of computer history as well like punched cards, magnetic tape etc.. That would be cool! What would really be nice is if you try to add some authenticity such as directly or indirectly talking about stuff like Amiga, commodore, DOS, etc..

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

TenaciousXL wrote: I have another other idea:
1. Create a platformer which has a computing history based theme, ie you battle viruses and multinational corporations like Micro$oft and Apple and you could also elements of computer history as well like punched cards, magnetic tape etc.. That would be cool! What would really be nice is if you try to add some authenticity such as directly or indirectly talking about stuff like Amiga, commodore, DOS, etc..

Why would you fight Microsoft? They gave us Windows.

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

Relax its just an idea, besides I really don't have anything against Microsoft, but lots of other people do, this is a good way to use peoples emotions to promote a game!
Just look at Aliens we just love to kill them, even though its possible that they are on our side!

That reminds me I wish there were more games (2D or otherwise) that allowed the player to become some sort of scientist or doctor. existing examples include surgeon simulator 2013 and a flash game from ed heads about knee surgery.

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

TenaciousXL wrote: I have another other idea:
1. Create a platformer which has a computing history based theme, ie you battle viruses and multinational corporations like Micro$oft and Apple and you could also elements of computer history as well like punched cards, magnetic tape etc.. That would be cool! What would really be nice is if you try to add some authenticity such as directly or indirectly talking about stuff like Amiga, commodore, DOS, etc..

How is that #1 ? Not sure you should've revived this thread really..

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

There was also this idea I had where the player is some kind of parasite that on its own is very weak, but is able to latch onto its enemies and use them instead to fight off other enemies. The parasite may evolve over time gaining more powers such as the ability to infect more than one enemy at a time or a have some kind of limited invulnerability that would probably be timed.

And what about parodies? How about one regarding Halo where you are one of the Aliens like those cowards grunts! Maybe you have control of a group of them and have to stop Master-Chief from winning.

A 2D game similar to Torture-o-matic with better graphics and maybe optimal blood effects also you can make it more interactive.

Jul 14 2013 Anchor

A 2D top down version of Deus Ex 1 and a Fox and the hound RPG.

Here is something Original, a game about a small flame trying to Sneak out of a fire station.

V_Flashbang
V_Flashbang Everlasting Gobstopper
Jul 15 2013 Anchor

I've always wanted to see a game based around the D-Day (paratrooping - to the next month after it), with the level and look of a battlefield game. From the german point of view

--

the grass is always greener, where the dogs are shitting

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.