Generations have come and gone. Empires have risen and fallen. Mountains have been ground to dust by the unstoppable passage of time. But finally, through great perseverance (and a last minute save by TechnoCat), we have:
LÖVE 0.7.0 - Game Slave
0.7.0 brings lots of exciting new features. Framebuffers, for rendering to places other than the screen. Threads, for true multithreaded programming. New callbacks, like love.quit and love.focus. A text-origin change from lower- to upper-left. And about a million different bugs have been squashed! You can see everything we've done in the changelog, as seen below.
We hope you enjoy it! Go out and make beautiful LÖVE!
* Added love.thread.
* Added love.font.
* Added love.graphics.Framebuffer.
* Added Source:play, Source:pause, etc.
* Added Source:isStatic().
* Added get/setPosition, get/setVelocity, and get/setDirection to Source.
* Added get/setGroupIndex to CircleShape and PolygonShape.
* Added Font:getWrap.
* Added identity field to love.conf.
* Added love.quit callback.
* Added love.focus callback.
* Added extra meter parameter to love.physics.newWorld.
* Added love.graphics.setIcon.
* Added way to make the window desktop resolution.
* Added subtractive and multiplicative blend modes.
* Added body:getAllowSleeping.
* Added shape:getBody.
* Added love.filesystem.FileData for public usage.
* Added base64 support for love.filesystem.FileData.
* Added table support for love.graphics.setColor and love.graphics.setBackgroundColor.
* Added love.graphics.hasFocus().
* Added ?/init.lua to the loader.
* Fixed the debug module not being an upvalue of the error handlers. (you can now override debug)
* Fixed some cases when love.audio.pause and friends, were acting on everything, not just the passed Source.
* Fixed setFixedRotation enabling other flags.
* Fixed a bug in the loader (for require).
* Fixed ParticleSystem::setSprite not retaining the new image.
* Fixed setMode removing images settings (wrapping, filters).
* Fixed shape:getBody, it's now exposed for LÖVE usage.
* Fixed DistanceJoint:getType() returning "circle" - it now returns "distance".
* Fixed SpriteBatches being unaffected by setColor
* Fixed the audio bug.
* Fixed invalid FSAA values crashing LÖVE.
* Fixed a bunch of compiler warnings.
* Fixed OS X not properly using UTIs for .love files.
* Fixed the modplug decoder not properly handeling files that fail to load.
* Fixed a memory leak in setFont.
* Fixed bug where errors in threads wouldn't get picked up by demand.
* Fixed part of the bug with newlines when scaling text (rotating still messes up the lines).
* Fixed the bug where newImageFont would try to created ImageData out of ImageData.
* Fixed error handler not resetting the blend mode.
* Changed fonts, they're now po2 safe.
* Changed the traceback in the error screen.
* Changed font origin to top-left.
* Changed linux save dir location to obey to Freedesktop.org's XDG specs. (~/.local/share/love by default.)
* Removed font functions from love.graphics.
* Removed love.physics.newWorld(w, h). Use love.physics.newWorld(x1, y1, x2, y2) instead.
Download links: (also available on front page and in the downloads section of the profile)