LÖVE is an unquestionably awesome 2D game framework, which allows rapid game development and prototyping in Lua.
Generations have come and gone. Empires have risen and fallen. Mountains have been ground to dust by the unstoppable passage of time. But finally, through great perseverance (and a last minute save by TechnoCat), we have: LÖVE 0.7.0 - Game Slave!
Posted by thelinx on Dec 5th, 2010
Generations have come and gone. Empires have risen and fallen. Mountains have been ground to dust by the unstoppable passage of time. But finally, through great perseverance (and a last minute save by TechnoCat), we have:
0.7.0 brings lots of exciting new features. Framebuffers, for rendering to places other than the screen. Threads, for true multithreaded programming. New callbacks, like love.quit and love.focus. A text-origin change from lower- to upper-left. And about a million different bugs have been squashed! You can see everything we've done in the changelog, as seen below.
We hope you enjoy it! Go out and make beautiful LÖVE!
* Fixed the debug module not being an upvalue of the error handlers. (you can now override debug)
* Fixed some cases when love.audio.pause and friends, were acting on everything, not just the passed Source.
* Fixed setFixedRotation enabling other flags.
* Fixed a bug in the loader (for require).
* Fixed ParticleSystem::setSprite not retaining the new image.
* Fixed setMode removing images settings (wrapping, filters).
* Fixed shape:getBody, it's now exposed for LÖVE usage.
* Fixed DistanceJoint:getType() returning "circle" - it now returns "distance".
* Fixed SpriteBatches being unaffected by setColor
* Fixed the audio bug.
* Fixed invalid FSAA values crashing LÖVE.
* Fixed a bunch of compiler warnings.
* Fixed OS X not properly using UTIs for .love files.
* Fixed the modplug decoder not properly handeling files that fail to load.
* Fixed a memory leak in setFont.
* Fixed bug where errors in threads wouldn't get picked up by demand.
* Fixed part of the bug with newlines when scaling text (rotating still messes up the lines).
* Fixed the bug where newImageFont would try to created ImageData out of ImageData.
* Fixed error handler not resetting the blend mode.
* Changed fonts, they're now po2 safe.
* Changed the traceback in the error screen.
* Changed font origin to top-left.
* Changed linux save dir location to obey to Freedesktop.org's XDG specs. (~/.local/share/love by default.)
* Removed font functions from love.graphics.
* Removed love.physics.newWorld(w, h). Use love.physics.newWorld(x1, y1, x2, y2) instead.
Download links: (also available on front page and in the downloads section of the profile)