Here is the Platinum Arts Sandbox Beta 2.2.0 Release :) For anyone who is unfamiliar with Sandbox, here is a bit about it: "Sandbox is a game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use for Kids and Adults."
Here is the Platinum Arts Sandbox Beta 2.2.0 Release :) For anyone who is unfamiliar with Sandbox, here is a bit about it:
"Sandbox is a game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use for Kids and Adults."
Here are just some of the goodies included in Sandbox Beta 2.2.0
* New Maps - Save The Princess (3D Platformer with speed boost power ups!), Forest
* New Quests - Apple Picking on Village, and rescuing the princess on Save The Princess
* New Cloud Options - Now clouds can be added that scroll above the landscape! Height can even be adjusted. Also the Skybox can rotate making the clouds appear to move.
* New easy to use Sandbox launcher thanks to James "ZKAT8IT" Burns, check his site!
* New Characters can be added - Now characters and animals such as bears can be added!
* Numerous menu changes and enhancements - Menus have been tweaked to improve ease of use and they can also be customized for color, font, etc.
* Basic Multilingual Support - WE NEED TRANSLATORS!! Please see here for more information!
* Available now in English, Dutch (thanks Ben 'gamshobny' Tilma!), and Swedish (thanks Lucas Orsvärn!).
* Editing made even easier!! Can change flying speed by using + and - keys!
* Many Graphical Enhancements - Many map updates, nicer looking waterfalls, rain, scrolling clouds, some redone textures, etc.
* Numerous bug fixes and features added "under the hood".
* Improved Jukebox and Musicpack implementation
* New Music and a lilypad model!
* And MANY more! (really there are lots!!)
NOTE: If your old maps look strange in this new version, please type /remip in the console!!
Thanks for your interest, and I hope you enjoy it!! A special thanks to Hirato who really has been the hero of this release and has advanced Sandbox so far. Remember to check our wiki if you need help! Also remember our irc channel is irc.oftc.net #sandbox or you can click here KIDS MUST HAVE PARENTAL PERMISSION!!! Take care and enjoy!!