Taken from: Powerofcorruption.com
This quick reference is intended for new comers to this game. The purpose is to generate a standard and supportable way to guide new users to start in the game.
As you may know, this is a map for Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne Expansion, so you must install it first in order to play this game. You don't have WC3?? is that possible??? then buy it here
- Power of Corruption can be downloaded from several sources. The most up to date source is this site, in the download section just select the map you want to download.
- The second alternative is using the Power of Corruption MODDB's page. In the download section you can chose the map you want to play and download it.
- The third option is through DESURA, where you simply use the Install mod, and through Desura installer you can buy/download WC3 and it will help you in the installation of all the things.
Note: Just to remember, this installation depends on MODDB map versions. so it will install the maps in this site.
After downloading the map, just extract it if it comes in 7z format and copy it into the wc3 maps folder (it's usually C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps). DESURA installs all the PoC maps into C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\FrozenThrone folder.
Playing in single player mode
- Open Warcraft 3
- Select "Single Player" mode
- Select "Custom Game"
- The game will show an interface where you can select the folder to the maps. Remember that DESURA installs all the PoC maps into C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\FrozenThrone folder. Power of Corruption maps have their title is Golden yellow.
- Configure the other players as computer and select the races accordingly. If you select Human or Night Elf you will play as Naga, Orcs and Undead will load the demon race.