X1: Past and Future mod Beta 1.1
This is a vital update for the graphics or the mod. On the 15/04/2009 I was notified by Street21309 who said:
Street21309 wrote: Everythings running good except for one thing...Cant get some of the custom graphics for the weapons to work. For example instead of the CMOD3 Gauss Cannon smoke trail...Its just a yellow bullet and nothing else.
The second I go to the original game (With no mods) The weapon effects work, but the moment I load up this mod they dont work.
So I went in game to see if there was a problem with the mod, I immediately found out it was something I over looked when I tested it.
The fix was easy, I just basically rewrote the effects file. The difficult bit was trying to make the patch small enough, in the end I failed. The reason I failed to make it smaller was that the effects file was in the main 352mb archive which I had to include so sorry about that.
Combat Mod 3 changes:
>EMP energy requirement reduced to 40 (for m5)
>Weight of 1gj shield reduced to 70
>Weight of 2gj shield reduced to 150
>Weight of PSP reduced to 125
>Speed of PSP increased to 480m/s
>Max range of PSP increased to 7.2km
>Shield Damage/minute of EMPC increased to 325K/m
>Fire rate of EMPC increased to 90 rpm
>Starburst flak effect implemented
>New Starburst explosion effect (performance)
>Muzzle flash for PSP
- You DO NOT need to install the previous version for this to work. This is a complete mod.
- You DO NOT need to uninstall the previous version as this installer will over write the existing files.
- The mod may not be save game compatible so I suggest you back them up, as I do not actually play TC I did not have a save game to test it with so if anyone would like to try it with the save game and report back it would be helpful.
- Some mods and scripts may not be compatible but I have not tested any, that is why we have a beta .
-> Fixed graphics
-> Updated to the latest Combat Mod 3.
- Download the mod
- Open the exe
- Go though the exe and make sure the path to x3tc is correct
- Once finished the install, start x3tc
- Go to select mod, the x1pf
- Press ok, then have some fun I hope.
- Ulfius for the Combat Mod
- LV for the RRF mod
- DIGSIN for the converted EMP mod
- TXU for the continued support
- Moddb for the advertising and hosting.
- Street21309 for reporting the graphics bug
Planed for future versions:
- All x2 ships in game
- More future type ships
- Scripts such as the bulk shipyard
- More work done to the HUD and Icons
- Hopefully different music
- Stuff like that