It is with great enthusiasm that after a long period of development the game is finally almost ready for early access. In addition, I also chose to change the game name from “Contraptions Parkour” to “World of Contraptions”, I believe that this new name better presents the game. With the new name, a new logo was developed:
As for the release date, if everything goes well World of Contraptions will be released in Q2 2020. The current version of the game is in the Beta stage of development and already has the following features:
- A set of tools to build the contraptions:
- Construction system based on group of connected blocks.
- Full control over which blocks are connected with which.
- Pivot system that makes it easy to add blocks at several different points.
- Possibility to use axis connection (hinge) in any block.
- Possibility to transform groups of blocks into an inventory item for easy reuse.
- Level editor.
- Replay mode.
- Integration with the Steam workshop (Share or find contraptions and levels).
- Partial support for XBOX joystick:
- Possibility to fully control your contraption using only the joystick.
- Some blocks are sensitive to the joystick's analog inputs.
- 50+ different blocks.
- 50 levels with different obstacles.
- An open level sandbox (under construction).
- A challenge level “mountain” (prototype).
Stay tuned, in the coming weeks I will give more details about the release date of the game.
If you are interested don't forget to add it to your Steam Wishlist.