Another week of hard work has passed us by. This time we spent some time trying to figure out the more administrative sides of our production, as well as carrying on our work of developing and progressing the game. This week we have set about creating the pieces and thinking about the reasons behind the addition of another room to our demo. The horror staple of the bathroom we have been working on for some time.
This involves not only the creation of meshes and materials, but also involves level design and story telling. As we are still figuring out the nitty-gritty of what you would get to experience while there. Naturally, it would not involve what people usually experience in bathrooms. Believable as we want our environment and designs to be, there's no real reason to subject our players to that kind of realism.
And as ever, we have made sure to play test our budding demo without end. To make sure that no step we take along the way left issues for us to content with behind. Or at least, to discover these issues and add them to the list of things to hammer out before our approaching first release.
As mentioned above. Part of the creation of assets involves textures and materials. And while last time we shared the bare bones of a few assets. The underlying mesh and the wireframe that holds it all together. This week we have decided to share the materials themselves. At least a few we made using Quixel's powerful tools and library. Some you are likely to experience in the upcoming demo. And some a bit more horrific materials that you might encounter further down the line.