I wasn't feeling well this whole week and I didn't do much finishing this mod. My DSL connection somehow has changed its service unexpectedly for a faster experience which means I can able to upload a possible 1 gb file in just several hours. That's good news for me to add in the in-game custom MP3 music into this mod that cannot be compressed even with WinRAR. The possibility of this mod going over 1 GB as released will be great (even with compiled maps and in-game music)
Here are the changes that I have done so far:
• Fixed an issue that Emissaries cannot be built in Black Hand and Marked of Kane War Factory and/or Redeemer Engineering Facility.
• Fixed tracer guns visibility for Wolverine and Scrapbus due to a change of a new weapon template, enough to see more than one tracer gun fire.
• Fixed an issue that a Rocket Bunker does not have a Quad Turret even if upgraded. Applies to all NOD factions.
• Added Service Depot to all GDI and NOD factions. Requires War Factory to be built and only one unit can be placed in a service depot at a time for repair (takes several seconds).
• Added Orca Bomber for GAF and Steel Talons factions. Requires Tech Center to be built.
• Added Underminer for the Marked of Kane faction. It can set mines, attack with mines, repair units and burrow transport to another location. Requires Operations Center to be built.
• Added Smoke Grenade ability to the Riflemen Squad. Applies to all GDI factions.
• Some locomotor, armor and weapon codings have been changed to some units used from KW Patch 1.03+ as part of the enhancement.
• Units that fire prematurely before turret changes to the correct position has been fixed with a pre-fire delay on their weapon(s).
• Sorted order of building MCVs, Surveyors, Emissaries and Explorers to the very end of every vehicle building tab, except tier-4 war factories.
• Structures in Logic Command Set that did not previously have Toggle Power, Self Repair and Sell commands have been added in to all factions.
• MOK Vertigo model is replaced by the C&C4 model. Ability and attacking remains the same.
• ZOCOM can now build a Tiberium Field just like the GDI.
• ZOCOM Predator Tank can now use the HEAT ability (effectively against armored vehicles) and now has a Rocket Pod upgrade (which increases damage).
• GDI can now build fake structures (requires fake crane to be built and fake crane requires the original crane to be built at a cost of 500 in 10 seconds and a limit of one on the field). Those fake structures shall cost 100 in 5 seconds and they pertain to do nothing but stand as decoys with low health. Armory, Power Plant, Refinery, Reclamation Hub and other defensive structures are excluded.
• Some C&C4 units now have modified portrait icons rather than the original blue background ones.
• Talon can now fire correctly from its weapon bone positions.
• Archangel now has its first primary weapon fixed (it’s supposed to fire with a particle beam). Speed decreased slightly and health increased slightly.
• Orca Paladin now fires with its laser (unlimited ammo) so it does not need to return to the airfield. Speed decreased slightly and health increased slightly.
• Firehawk model is replaced by the C&C4 model. Ability and attacking remains the same.
• Mobile Repair Transport is now buildable with the same cost and build-time.
Other several things to tell you:
1) For those people who are asking for modified SP campaign maps with starting vehicles with power requirements and are having trouble building a base with low power, I have released a modified SP map pack with a power plant addition for most SP maps.
2) For those people who wanted an official KW map pack download on Moddb, I have released that as well. The 44 maps in the map pack have been compiled for faster loading.
3) For those people who are asking if this mod can run on Desura, Steam, Origin and C&C The Ultimate Collection, the answer is yes for all. However, I do not know how C&C mods run with those cloud programs since I don't use them. For Origin and the C&C TUC, Bibber had found a way to make some C&C mods to run under Origin and the C&C TUC. See this thread for details: Commandandconquer.com . This is the reason why I would not recommend this mod to be played under Origin and the C&C Ultimate Collection.
4) The Shogun Executioner will stay in this mod for special use (whether if it's silly, redundant or not). Besides, an 8-player skirmish map (named Tournament Shogunate) that I am currently working on will involve this unit.
5) The Giga-Fortress from RA3 Uprising will be the 10th and final epic unit to be put into this mod. It will be a flying unit instead of the unit that moves only on water. The CABAL Core Defender is meant to be the epic unit for a LEGION faction in an expansion mod that I had already planned for but not in this mod. Challenger13 (aka gdi_commando in Moddb) is already working on the unit for C&C3/KW.
6) I cannot guarantee to fix all the possible bugs and issues in this mod, because version 1.7 will be the final version for this mod depending on how much fixing and new content is done. I'll be releasing the public source code for the last time for those who are interested.
7) For those people who told me about a bug glitch with the Kane unit, I don't see it under max settings and in the highest resolution (whether windowed or not).
8) For those people asking for memory issues, if you want to run mods on C&C3, you need to close background programs that uses RAM and cache memory and also if you are running C&C3 and/or mods with the Internet, you need to make the firewall and/or antivirus/anti-spyware program accept it through or use "game mode" depending on which firewall program you are using. I wouldn't recommend disabling the firewall if you are in the Internet, but I would recommend disabling the firewall if you are offline. Also if you are low on RAM, create virtual memory on your hard drive to reduce issues (ie. around 2-4 GB).
I will make a overall list of bugs and changes list for version 1.7 in a forum thread by the time you read this.