New mode, new rules. No global goals - build, explore, overcome.. and, of course, survive. The icy winds may cut through your ravaged body, but the hand holding the sword shall not tremble! Onwards, to the new adventures!
For a limited duration all servers will be set to the “Survival” Mode. The Story Mode would still be available via Local Game.
- Implemented 5 new items:
- 5 magical rings with unique properties.
- A travel backpack and a torch that will aid you in your journeys.
- A jumping platform and a wooden lamp.
Getting used to the realities of this place - that’s your main task." - Hornhead.
To overcome the cruel realities of the Broken Valley you’ll need to learn how to protect yourself. All Pilgrims now can block incoming attacks, but beware - so can your enemies!
- Replaced dodge rolls with evasions.
- Implemented blocking
- Reworked the jumping.
- Brought back and revised the stamina.
- Bows no longer require arrows to shoot.
Any Pilgrim who desires to arrive into Arcana must first make their way through the Asylum of Faceless guardians. After your imprisonment you’ve lost everything, including your memory and your physical body. But don’t give up hope - Mithra will help you regain your former shape.
- Players now start the game as skeletons.
- Replaced guardian ghosts with skeletons.
- Revised the Prologue’s narrative.
- Updated the cinematics.
Citadel has been reworked from scratch. Now its somber shape will loom over the lands of Arcana for the entirety of the game, reminding all Pilgrims of the destructive influence of the Curse inflicted by Faceless.
The Forgetful Spirit
There once was a quiet and peaceful village in this grove, now abandoned and infested by ghosts. During the Shattering a band of warriors arrived to the ruins to cleanse it of the Cursed, but now there’s noone who could honor their memory. A lonesome warrior’s spirit can’t leave that place until he remembers how his brothers perished. Help him recollect the events of that dark day and grant him peace at last.
- New Broken Valley location: Village of the Cursed
- New NPC: Living Bone
The Household Pet
Bonehead is finally coming back with a new task for his favorite pal: to find a needle in a haystack! Oh, he means to find a boar in the Broken Valley.. but that boar is not that simple and is very different from the regular boars, who savor sweet boarberries on the isles. Beware of the SWINEish curse!
- New Bonehead quest in the Sanctuary
- New NPC: Demon-Boar
Rough Weather Conditions
While the Cradle of Keepers is all warm and comfy, the Broken Valley is much less forgiving to the adventurers. The rumour is, the frequent gentle sunny days will give way to snow and frost.
But worry not - you’ll surely find the blueprints to make warm clothes.. eventually. And there’s plenty stones and branches for campfires scattered around! Just keep an ear out for Crysta’s screeches - they are a tell-tale sign of the approaching blizzards.
- Reworked the weather conditions: the Broken Valley is now colder, with occasional snowfalls.
- Blizzards occur no more than once every half hour and last for several minutes.
Any and all travelers who set foot on Arcana simply must familiarise themselves with its delicacies. Even a singular scoop of “Insect Porridge” deserves thousands words of praise!
Cooking and consuming dishes has become clearer and.. tastier.
- Updated the recipe list and ingredient effects. There’s now 33 recipes total, including 15 new ones.
- Removed the “Hunger” mechanic: now all food items have a set usage cooldown.