Sanctuary and Prologue Update
- Reduced the amount of ghosts in the “Asylum of Faceless” location. They no longer respawn after death.
- Removed the Prologue intro cutscene.
- Removed all spells from the Prologue.
- The portal to the Broken Valley is initially closed. You’ll need to talk to Chronos to activate it.
- Mithra now meets players in the Sanctuary.
- Flight ability unlocks after traversing the Broken Valley portal.
- The Broken Valley main quest ends when you turn in the Portal Core in the Sanctuary.
Once upon a time, dragons shared the secret of the magic flame with humanity. The key to its power was Flame - the enegy permeating through the lands of Arkana. And throughout the years pilgrims have been using it to master various crafts.
- Flame is gained by gathering resources, cooking food, performing rituals and slaying monsters.
- After accumulating enough Flame, characters will gain a level and the “Frozen Flame”, which can be spent on unlocking and leveling various Ability Tree classes using the Altar. Leveling up will also increase characters’ max HP.
- Ability Tree has been simplified in favour of clarity. For now it only has 3 classes: warrior, ranger and mage. Classes unlock their respective choice of weapons.
- After death characters lose all Flame they gathered on the current level, but they can retrieve it at the place of their demise.
- Lost Flame can now only be gathered by the character who lost it.
New Approach to Receipe Unlocks
We’ve simplified the crafting system. From the start you’ll only have access to a few basic recipes. New recipes can be found by clearing the Cursed Camps, exploring various locations or buying them off the NPCs.
- Hard to believe, but over the course of a single update there’s been an entire revolution in the way we approached the building system!
- Improved the building UI.
- Removed “extra” modules.
- Intorduced two new module tiers: wood and stone.
- Crafting stations can be packed within the Construction Core area of effect.
- Optimized the stability and cost of modules.
- Crafting stations can only be placed indoors or in a shelter.
- You can only place one Construction Core.
- Construction Core barrier can only be seen by its owner.
As the members of our team say: “Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day. Give a man a main quest marker, and he’ll get out of the Broken Valley”.
- Marked the cardinal points.
- Thickened up the edging.
- Main quest and death markers stand out a bit more among other objects.
- Reduced the size of marks, removed the redundant ones.
- Added landmark names to the Cradle of Keepers.
- Added main quest marker.
- Quest log now only displays main quests.
“Fresh Faces” of Arkana
We’ve introduced plenty of new NPCs to the Cradle of Keepers and the Broken Valley isles, all with their own stories and trouble.
- Added 5 new NPCs: "Genie in a Bottle”, "Titan’s Head”, "Talking Tree”, "Chest” и “Philosopher-Bubble”.
- Added 2 new quest chains.
Fully reworked the visuals of the “Asylum of Faceless” and “Sanctuary” location.
New Tutorial Approach
This update brings a change of approach to our main tutorial systems: during the game you’ll now get short video tutorial tips. If you feel like you’re experienced enough - you can just disable them in the game settings.
Lighting in Arkana has become more realistic and colorful.