One day one of our developers managed to tear himself from "cooking" the game and do some actual cooking. "My god, it was so easy!" - he explaimed. But to be completely honest - his omelette ended up badly undersalted. Such a heroic deed inspired us to take a fresh look at our cooking system!
This update brings you reworked and more user-friendly cooking environment both in UI and in the process itself. Now to receive a "Michelin Star" in the world of Arkana you only need to follow a few simple rules:
- Keep the fuel and the dish apart: before you commit to serving a culinary masterpiece, you should throw in some firewood and fan up the flames.
- One station - one serving: only one dish can be prepared at a time.
- Take away a meal before cooking a new one: you can't start cooking before recovering your previous dish.
- Give way to bold experiments: mix and match the components to get new recipes and flavors! (and various new effects)
Finalizing the Cradle of Keepers
Last update we presented you a brand new location- the Cradle of Keepers, which challanges you to activate the portal to the Ancient Valley. This time around we bring you some updates to the gameplay and visuals of the Cradle. You can now explore its new curse-afflicted area, where you'll find the key to activation of the fourth portal pillar.
We keep on improving our challanges, some of we have already introduced to the Cradle of Keepers.
- Firstly, we changed how the challenges are accepted and updated the descriptions. Now you won't accidentally skip the task's text by double-tapping the obelisk.
- Secondly, the obelisks' glow now show the challange's status: flickering means that the challange is in progress, orange glow - that the task is completed and you can claim the rewards.
From now on you will no longer suffer penalties for low Energy, but will get benefits for keeping it up instead. For example: faster movement speed and stamina recovery, elemental damage resistances etc. After recovering from death, players' Energy falls to 0, which no longer inflicts damage on your characters. And as always you can rise your fill up your Energy meter by consuming food.
Skipping the Prologue
You can now skip the prologue. Just press "Escape" to open the menu and go for "Skip tutorial" button. You'll proceed to the character customization menu, that will take you straight to the Cradle of Keepers.
We look forward to seeing you in the world of Arkana!
If you would like to know more about the game, join us on Discord, follow us on Twitter or Facebook or check out all of our other Social and Community channels.