2021-07-19 - JOIN MY TWITCH on this link where I'll be streaming campaigns from now on:
Hello, i've recently been given access to this moddb-page by Puvvy, the guy behind this moddb-page and the "A Struggle for the Old World" idea as seen here - i have full access and control and can now update the page at will.
As written above i have created a submod for BotET originally called "Expanded Elves Edition" and based on the idea to port Sundering models to Beginning of the End Times - i then realized i could instead aim at recreating "A Struggle for the Old World" with all the available rosters in the Sundering.
- The end-game would be to replace the Skaven, the Orcs & Goblins, the Karaz Ankor Dwarves, the Tomb Kings, the Chaos faction and Reikland with Sundering units as well.
Using BotET as a base, and working from there - then i would already have the Old World, all the factions in BotET etc - and the work would be to replace what i can with Sundering stuff and change gameplay.
- I have finished a first version using the full rosters of the High Elves and the Dark Elves - plus additional units for the Wood Elves and Bretonnia as seen in 1.1 of BotET.
- BotET leaders Tomdoof and WhiffOfGrapeshot has already given me permission to create a submod out of their mod Beginning of the End Times. WhiffOfGrapeshot, as an earlier developer and member of the "A Struggle for the Old World" sundering-team - also said if his permission is enough i have permission to use Sundering assets/models in BotET as well.
- Not only that, but BotET and CoW (Call of Warhammer) is already using lots of Sundering assets - even though i believe they use mostly parts or settlement textures and not the full rosters.
- The problem is that Kolwen, who riged the Sundering models borrowed with permission from Warhammer Online and the GW - is not active anymore. So it's hard to ask permissions from him directly as he riged the Sundering models for the Med II engine.
- According to WhiffOfGrapeshot Kolwen would probably not be against this use of the models he riged. And as far as the GW is concerned their permissions were for anyone who is working on warhammer mods to use them i've heard. Like CoW, Sundering or any submods of those.
In order to release my submod i will first need to lessen it's size as it's at 9gb and needs to be under 8gb in size. I do also need to fix some issues with recruitment as the AI spams militia units - at least the High Elven AI.
- Many unused assets will be removed from the files. In the worst case certain old units used as officers will also be removed if i can't lower the size of the mod otherwise.
As i've now gotten access to the MODDB-page, i feel i have enough permissions, both from the moddb-page creator, WhiffOfGrapeshot (old member of the Sundering team and current head of BotET together with Tomdoof) to release the submod in it's current shape.
I have uploaded two videos playing battles between the changed factions. Chaos have been slightly affected too. It will be BotET with Sundering rosters for the factions mentioned currently - but the end-goal is to have all the rosters of the Sundering and then we could possibly replace the menu etc too.
The BotET mod version 1.1 is using a different map compared to version 1.5 of that mod. Which is good because then we will have a different map.
PS: I have recently started a Let's Play just for testing the mod as the Dark Elves. I will link the videos down below.