I put up an experimental version last night, but it had a bit of a nasty bug. It’s been fixed now, though.
Click and drag to scroll around, the rest of the instructions are in the applet. I’ve also updated infdev with a whole bunch of tweaks and bug fixes.
+ Caves are much more interesting now, specifically:
+ Rooms now have 1-5 exits, instead of just 1, making natural hubs.
+ Caves are even more regional, with truly swiss cheese areas being possible (but rare)
+ Springs (water and lava) are more common
+ Increased variety in tunnel thickness, increasing the odds of branches
+ Added natural gravel and dirt under ground for more varied caves
+ Made surface springs more common. Surface lava springs are possible, but uncommon
+ Lava + water = rock
+ Lava springs never spread. You can pick them up with buckets, but never clone them.
+ Lava spring + water = obsidian
+ Getting the player stuck inside ground will obscure the view and slowly suffocate the player
* Water flows nicer, making it easier to make water slides
* Fixed a few bugs in liquid spreading code
* Fixed invisible waterfalls
* Made massive tweaks to the pending tile tick logic (used for liquids and fire), quite possibly fixing a crash bug
(development blog link #1, #2)