We just did some quick things to make the interface more simple and more intuitive.
- Right click to select/interact with items/objects/animals/etc
- Left click to attack (you'll soon be able to attack directionally)
- Removed click-to-move
All of these updates are being put in place to fix some potential problems with the new combat system. Here is our proposed plan:
- Mana gain (faster regen speeds according to your heart level, max 100)
- Sprint with shift (takes 1 mana per tile)
- Punch/launch directionally with left click (hold to charge, takes 5 mana)
- Block (acts like a forcefield) with spacebar(?), is broken when hit with an attack
We're also working on a new logo. Here's a preview:
We also redid the GUI to be more minimal:
What is Dwell?
A cross between creativity, horror, and adventure, Dwell aims to be an ORPG like no other. Settle, create a village, and defend your friends from the horrible creatures who lurk in the forests. You can change the landscape, farm, or hunt in order to survive the conditions-- it's all up to you.
Join the forums at www.playdwell.com
It's actually starting to look really, really good.
I think you guys should remake some of the older sprites, I think now that you guys probably have a bit more experience you could make much better ones. =)
I say that because, I can just tell which ones are the older sprites.
Another thing I would also suggest is adding a bit of random generation to the grass and dirt textures, as well.
And I also like the new name.
If you look closely, those are already new sprites. We also have character customization choices incoming soon ;)
very nice keep up the good work the interface looks much better and alot cleaner!