What is Dwell?
A cross between creativity, horror, and adventure, Dwell aims to be an ORPG like no other. Settle, create a village, and defend your friends from the horrible creatures who lurk in the forests. You can change the landscape, farm, or hunt in order to survive the conditions-- it's all up to you.
How can I play?
Dwell is currently in its closed Alpha 2.0 stage.This means that the game is unavailable to the public besides a few occasional testers. We'll allow applications soon.
What features are planned?
-An ever-changing world shaped purely by the players
-Villages created and governed by the players themselves
-Basic jobs, like farming, mining, fishing, woodworking, cloth working, and cooking
-Advanced building, allowing you to make a personalized home for your needs and profession
-A simplified stats system, reducing grind and improving players' experiences
-Skill-based combat (no more button bashing or complex combat systems!)
-Diplomacy amongst villages and villagers
-Children and Family NPCs (spawned based on your stats and living conditions)
-Pets and farm animals
What platforms will Dwell be available on?
At the moment, Dwell is only available on Windows (XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8 successfully tested). After our early testing phases, we aim to have a solid build out for everyone to enjoy, including those on MacOS and Linux. Please be patient-- we want everyone to play ASAP!
This past month has been really hectic. We’ve made a ton of progress, and are moving closer to finishing all the core systems in Dwell. Looking towards the future, we can definitely start letting preorderers on to test early fall at best, late fall at worst.
Here are some big engine updates that Josh and Cameron have been working on~
- Added timed objects (will be used for siege or event-based objects)
- Fixed almost all lag issues with collision
- Planned a fully featured mob AI system, complete with animal aggression levels and a food chain
- Radial menus for object interaction and actions
- Footstep graphics for animals and players walking on sand/snow
- Personal claims
- Village claims
- Buffs and buff contamination (if you contract a disease and walk near another animal/player, you can spread it)
- Inventory bubbles allowing you to see the insides of container objects (chests, ovens, etc)
- Worker objects that modify input items (bonfire for cooking, anvil, oven, tanning racks, etc)
- Traps which can lower health, apply a debuff, or kill you or an animal when walked on
- Sign posts that you can write messages on
Michael and I have also been working on the graphics for the game and will start adding new content and items in our own personalized editor this week.
Here are some new mountains tiles (ignore the weird blueish shader)~
All the balancing and tweaking will be worked on with the help of preorderers– we can’t wait to see how badly diseases will be abused :)
We got interviewed by a Twitch'er and Youtuber! We explain player buildings, villages, and extensive gameplay!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.