1.1.10 is out. The core Sneaky Upgrade has the following changes:
- New tweak to disable health bar auto-hiding (with a tweak override in the MP)
- New tweak to improve formatting of the loading quote text (with an override in T3G)
- New tweak to use a bright mouse cursor
- The SneakyTweaker tool will now show a message box on start-up, warning about a few things that seem to confuse people the most
- SneakyTweaker is now aware of AngelLoader use
- Added an option to install the d3d8to9 wrapper DLL from ReShade
- 'Direct load' is disabled in fullscreen when a D3D wrapper DLL is in use. (Would cause crashes)
- Press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+End to end the current mission. (Can be disabled in the tweaker)
- The game should now start in the desktop resolution for first-time installers (or if you chose to delete the options files while installing)
- FMSel updated to version 1.1.2, now including Russian translation
A couple of people have installed the SU and then wondered why their existing saves appeared to be missing - and it really wasn't obvious... So the tweak tool will now show a dialogue explaining this, plus a couple of other non-obvious things. The dialogue can be easily disabled.
To improve compatibility with Windows 10, the installer now provides a wrapper DLL to make the game run on Direct3D 9, in the form of the d3d8to9 DLL from ReShade. If you have dgVoodoo or something else installed already, the installer will respect that and not install d3d8to9 by default.
It has often been suggested to copy the skip-the-current-mission function from Thief 1-2. This is now in place, with a couple of limitations: City sections can't be skipped but must be played through normally. This is the only caveat for Thief 3 Gold. The original (non-T3G) missions can only be ended from one of the half-maps and, worse, ending the Pagan and Kurshok missions will not cause the objectives to be ticked off, so it may not be possible to continue. (This has been fixed in Thief 3 Gold.)
New stuff in the mods:
- Fixed a bug where picking up loot would trigger a video if loot glint was disabled
- Restored speed settings from the original MP, creep is now non-silent again
- Optional arrow trails. (Gameplay part)
- The classic health bar and classic-ish lightgem/compass are now optional. (GUI part)
- Fixes for original bugs causing extra playstyle objectives and restrictions to not show up
- Removed redundant 'do not kill non-combatants' restriction on Ghost
- Smaller and more evenly sized text on maps, especially with the Fonts mod enabled
- Various fixes, mostly to make the separation of the gameplay and GUI parts more consistent
Here's an example of the new map text compared to the original MP - notice the partially missing text on the upper left in the original. (GIF, should animate.)
Note that because of gamesys changes the savegame version for Minimalist has been bumped - so anybody wanting to use MP savegames from previous stable releases should not update.
The Fonts mod:
- Added 'gold' symbol to all fonts (replacing yen)
- Fixed an issue with disappearing map text - in English, at least. In other locales there may still be a few cases
Here's an example of the currency symbol in use:
Thief 3 Gold:
- Removed overriding .sch files to better accommodate unofficial translations
- Changed a couple of scripts to make it possible to skip through the Pagan and Kurshok missions
One of the removed .sch files was there to improve the formatting of loading quotes - that's now done by overriding a general tweak setting. The other one would slightly rename savegames so that original and T3G saves could be told apart - an artifact from early T3G versions, really. For a long time T3G saves have been kept separate and they contain a file specifying which version of T3G they're for, so the .sch file has been removed.
Here's a video showing some of the above: Bright cursor, custom resolution set to follow the desktop, nicer loading screen quotes, skipping missions. Minimalist playstyle restrictions shown in the briefing, non-silent creep, classic HUD with original health bar / lightgem, arrow trails:
Thanks to everyone who tested the betas, especially Estel Randir for lots of MP feedback and suggestions. Also thanks to Glypher and DonSleza4e for the Russian FMSel translation.
There are no changes to the mod content, so the Update Edition can be used for 188.8.131.528 beta installs. If upgrading from 184.108.40.206 use the Full Edition and make sure to install the new versions of the MP, T3G and Fonts mods.
Get it from the files section.