My development speed has taken a major toll with all the recent developments, as I've been in meetings every day this week except for today. I keep telling myself it's for the best so I'll have plenty of time to do actual development later on, but at the moment it's a bit frustrating. And exciting. At the same time. :O
And.. Paypal. On the 25th, they limited my account for unspecified reasons (a suspicious withdrawal or deposit! wow, thank you for that amazingly detailed information), and asked me for a bunch of vague documents. I did my best to give them what they asked for.
My account is still limited. I've called them three times, they keep telling me it's being reviewed. Most recently they told me it'd take up to two more weeks for it to get resolved, and that if they decide something bad is being going on, they're going to keep the money.
There's over 600000 euro in there. Money I was planning on investing in the new company.
I'm sure it'll get sorted out, but this is kind of frustrating.
Just to clear things up: I withdraw everything from paypal every week. They limited my account just as sales started spiking, so this money has accumulated since they limited the account.
The Seecret Friday part ended up being extremely tiny this time around, but that's because I made sure to add this:
Added server-side inventory
- Made the server save player locations when they leave the server
- Made chests work in SMP
- Made signs work in SMP
- Made furnaces work in SMP
- Added monsters=false to server.properties. You can turn it on for experimental monsters, but you can't hurt them directly yet. (Fire works, though!)
- Added a new craftable item and a new fuel for the furnace (smelts 100 blocks! =D )
But the SMP stuff is NOT SECURE YET! I decided to just focus on making it functional first so I actually got it out.
I'll work on inventory security and server-side health management next week. Server-side health means you'll be able to fight monsters and perhaps even other players. :D
Oh, also, I just uploaded a fixed server update that tries to fix the tool use bug. It seems to work here with my own tests, both for tools in the first slot and other slots.
You'll need to re-download the server software from Minecraft.net to apply this update. And I need to make the server auto-update if it's running in online mode.