This and previous week, I've been improving Sector Six loot.
I have made many changes to random part generation system, made higher grade parts more common, added 22 part properties, gave parts more interesting names, but most importantly – I have implemented relic system and first 7 relics!
Relics not only are the rarest and the most powerful items in the game - they also have unique effects, skins, and even animations!
I would have made a video about relics, but I didn't have enough time for that, so instead scroll down for screenshots.
With relics implemented, now I will work on the last story mission and several small changes.
- After rarity changes, relics are now rarest items in the game, their drop chance is 1 in 500.
- Relics can be sold for 2 relic fragments. 8 relic fragments turn into a relic.
- Relics give reliquary items instead of alloy when dismantled.
- Reliquary items re-roll and transform relics.
- Relics can have up to 7 properties, but cannot be amplified.
- Relics are always level 1 and have properties that are useful no matter what level you are.
- You cannot install more than 3 relics. Yet.
- You cannot install relic duplicates. E.g.: You can't have two Quasar Domes installed.
- 7 relics are implemented, I will implement at least 10 more before game launches.
- Mission XIII.
- Rebalanced ability points: +1 ability point per level.
- Mission XII.
- Mission XI.
Completed – Minor changes and improvements:
- New part properties.
- Improved part names.
- Higher grade parts are now more common.
- Relic dismantling rewards.
- Parts give less damage reduction and reflect chance.
- Parts give fewer wave chances.
- Improved item generator: Now produces more random items.
- Item changes: Changed diode cost, changed certain item sprites, improved item use error messages, improved tooltips.
- Fixed story mission X glitch.
- Reworked phase break mechanic: Gain additional damage after taking a certain amount of damage.
- Channel ability’s ether cost reducing effect now lasts 3 seconds, making Channel much easier to use.
- Cataclysm ability has been replaced with passive anti-shield ability: Breach.
- Renamed Phase to Phasse, to differentiate it from phase mechanic.
- Improved Aggression, Resistance, and Capacity: More powerful, interesting, and consistent with other abilities.
- Decreased starter part limit to 6.
- Decreased starter maximum ether to 50.
- Starter engine now gives less maximum armor.
- Increased starter ability points to 10.
- While Guardian of a Thousand Worlds ability is active, Concentrated Fire recharges instantly.
- Improved alloy containers: New property, increased sell and buy price, reduced city stock.
- Removed filled alloy containers.
- Corrected W. warning button tooltip.
- Ability to decrease the level of MDS modifiers even while they are disabled.
- Fixed engine glitch.
- Improved missiles that appear when player's spaceship leaves the enemy range.
- Guardian is now more mobile.
- Potentially fixed Black Rain projectile problem.
- Region update flashes are now brighter.
- Veteran's ballistic attack is now slower.
- Improved dialogue system graphics.
- Oesa's Radiance set effect changed, now base maximum armor is equal maximum ether.
- Damage bonuses now are applied to damage while Lodeon's Ultimatum set is active.
- Fixed and improved certain set descriptions.
- Mission XIV.
- Broken Infinity endgame activity.
- Restoration War endgame activity.
- Shared stash in secured regions.
- The Machines.
- New save system.
- New achievements.
Not completed – Minor changes and improvements:
- Sector map interface.
- Improve the implemented Machines.
- Rework certain achievements.
- Rearrange achievements in the achievement interface.
- Level cap changes and game options.
- Side mission dialogues.
- Better default controls.
- Ability to reset controls to default.
- Ability to reset settings to default.
- Ability to toggle side mission dialogues.
- Settings interface improvements.
- Fix stack buying glitch.
- Reposition mission interface.
- Rework achievement interface.
- Reset difficulty level button.
- Lock modular difficulty system if the player level is lower than 3.
- Virtual and physical weapon clarification and stats.
- Stat page improvements.
- Connection strength near avatar picture.
- Adapt backgrounds to screen shaking.
- Dismantle all and uninstall all buttons should have a tooltip.
- Holding shift button to dismantle and sell just one item from the stack.
- Looting improvements.
- Improve Techamer's cell.
- Rework loot box.
- Fix loot box stackable item glitch.
- Improve artifact carrier.
- Rework mission III. Again.
- Improve siege mission.
- Improve arena mission.
- Reposition item management buttons.
- Fix dialogue clash with HUD glitch.
- Expand dialogue box.
- Improve shield particles and animations.
- Improve MDS decorative map in mission select screen.
- Fix Lodeon's ship glitch when skipping intro cutscene.
- Intro logo skipping inconsistency.
- Improve mission I.
- Make Awakening of Inner Power support all missions.
- Improve ability bar.
- Add map decorations.
- Improve Sector transition cutscene.
- Rework contribution system.
- Improve barrager.
- Improve text input.
- Character customization: Rename character and change avatar icon.
- Improve ability interface.
- Improve ability level scaling.
- Improve damage text.
- Cathode rework.
- Improve controller support.
- 41 days.
- 40% of the tasks completed.
- I'll post again when the percentage will reach 50%.