Greetings Friends. The time has come to unveil yet another update, and with that another massive amount of changes. This time I've spent most of my time building a more believable worldspace, so you can expect to see a LOT of changes in that department. Other noteworthy changes are that some spell effects are once again available for spellmaking/enchantning (with more being unlocked in a previous update), and that most vendors will now restock common ingredients. You guys have requested me to bring these features back, and I've listened. With this update comes also new optimized meshes for trees & ships, glow maps for light-sources, hundreds of minor graphical improvements, bugfixes, balance changes and more. I hope you enjoy 5.3!
The manor district is now a bit more grand, which only seems fitting considering that House Hlaalu is supposed to be the wealthy house.
Morrowind Rebirth [Main]
* Fixed an issue where Ogrims wasn't in the daedric leveled lists (like all other daedra).
* Fixed an issue where parts of the Dwemer Pauldron used an Ashland ground texture (!).
Fort Moonmooth and the surrounding area has recieved a facelift.
Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Fixed an issue where Shortbow of Righteous Fire, Shortbow of Divine Lightning and Shortbow of Smiting had cast on strike enchantments, instead of cast on use enchantments.
* Fixed an issue in Sorkvild's Journal, Volume II where Merelle is said to be located on an island to the north, when she's actually on an island to the south.
* Fixed an issue where a note related to the Tribunal quest "Evidence of Conspiracy" was buried inside a desk, making it impossible to complete the quest.
* Fixed an issue where the door to Chun-Ook Cabin, Ebonheart, teleported you to into the worldspace next to the cabin instead of into the cabin.
* Fixed an issue where Balamus Indaren's corpse would sometimes disapear, and thus making it impossible to get hold of the Black Pearl Amulet.
* Fixed an issue where you could access the living space of Dunmer Delicacies during certain hours. It was intended to be locked at all times.
* Fixed an issue where Cinia Urtius didn't offer training. She was added in a previous update, but the box for training was unticked.
* Fixed an issue where the Trollbone Pauldrons were positioned to close to the players head, and would clip into the helm/cuirass.
* Fixed an issue where Lirielle Stoine in The Rat The Pot, Ald'Ruhn, sold more than picks and probes as supposed to.
* Fixed an issue where the Roobrush ingredient used a model that didn't match the look of the Roobrush bush.
* Fixed an issue where the Chokeweed ingredient used a model that didn't match the look of the Chokeweed.
* Fixed issues in Urshilaku Burial chambers where several valueable objects were hidden inside geometry.
* Fixed an issue where a fountain in Balmora's Manor district didn't produce any water sound effect.
* Fixed an issue where Rinison's home was named "Rinson's House", when it should be 'Rinson's Shack'.
* Fixed an issue where the book Blacksmithing Tools had an image of tools not present in Rebirth.
* Fixed an issue where the Boiled Netch Leather pauldrons didn't have an upper arm model.
* Fixed an issue where Frinnius Posuceius was missing from the Dren Plantation.
* Fixed an issue where the Trollbone Pauldrons didn't have an upper arm model.
* Fixed an issue where parts of the magic circle in Guild of Mages, Ald'Ruhn was missing.
* Fixed an issue where the blade of the artifact 'Sacrifice' was facing the wrong way.
* Fixed an issue where Arrow of God's Fire/Frost/Shock was set as weapon type "Bolt"
* Fixed an issue where Bolt of God's Fire/Frost/Shock was set as weapon type "Arrow".
* Fixed an issue where you couldn't access the lower level in Ald Redaynia, Tower.
* Fixed an issue with a misplaced door near Arvel Plantation.
* Fixed pathgrid issues.
* Fixed typos.
The Ghostgate has been expanded somewhat, and now features more buildings, clutter and places to go.
Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* Service providers (traders, smiths, pawnbrokers etc) will no longer outright attack if you happen to steal an item of little worth, although they will attack you if you keep stealing.
* Many Dreamers now have a unique appearance, apparel and equipment. Also added more varied clothing and weaponry to the cloned Dreamers.
* Removed the Swamp Troll due to its animation being completely broken at times. Troll Slime has also been removed due to this change.
* Many vendors now have larger quantities of ingredients for sale. Additionally the more common ingredients will now restock.
* Reimplemented the enchantments for bound weapons and armor. Some changes have been done to the enchantments as well.
* Added more bloatspores to caves, plus increased the chance of bloatspores holding bloat from 25 % to 75 %.
* Increased the mercantile skill for some service providers that were not covered by previous updates.
* You can now buy additional Hospitality Papers from Angaredhel using the usual barter method.
* Added keys that unlock the main gates of Balmora, Suran, Ald'ruhn and Caldera.
* You can now travel from Tel Fyr to Tel Aruhn, and the other way around.
* Orvas Dren's Bedroom has been greatly expanded to match his importance.
* Damage Health is now available for spellmaking and enchantning.
* Absorb Health is now available for spellmaking and enchatning.
* Frost spells now have the same "travel speed" as other spells.
* Guards are now more likely to wear helmets.
* Added armor joints to several armors.
* Many vendors now have more money.
* A MASSIVE amount of landscape fixes and improvements.
The lighthouse of Seyda Neen now stands tall on an island next to the village.
Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* The ashland region located between Seyda Neen and Hla Oad has been reworked and now features a small system of wooden bridges making it easier to traverse.
* The gatehouses of Caldera, Balmora, Ald'Ruhn and Suran have been reworked and refitted with new gates and defensive fortifications.
* The route between Pelagiad and Dren Plantation has been reworked and now looks somewhat like vanilla, but refreshed.
* The Hawkmoth Legion Garrison has recieved a small overhaul, making the interior more detailed and lively.
* Reworked large areas of Red Mountain. Example: The old lava rivers now reach all the way up to the summit.
* Made several changes to Ald Redaynia to make it feel less organized.
The layout of Suran has been heavily modified.
* Major changes to Suran, mainly the upper district which is now closer to the vanilla layout.
* The rope bridge near Suran has been replaced with a stone bridge.
* Minor changes here and there.
* A new section has been added to the Ghostgate, including a new guardtower, shelter for Temple pilgrims, and a small Inn.
* The area around Ghostgate has been reworked somewhat to accomodate to the changes above.
Dagoth Ur Entrance Overhaul
* A complete overhaul of the entrance to Dagoth Ur.
Vivec Entrance has been heavily reworked.
Seyda Neen Lighthouse Overhaul + Seyda Neen changes
* The lighthouse of Seyda Neen is now situated on an island, connected by a bridge. It's also placed on a higher elevation, allowing its light to be seen from further away.
* The entrance to Addamasartus can no longer be seen from Seyda Neen, meaning that smuggling activities doesn't have to be done in plain sight.
* Gorvas Vules Tower has been moved from its previous location, and is now overlooking the town from a small hill.
* Minor changes here and there.
Vivec Entrance Overhaul
* A major rework of the Entrance area, including better defences, a somewhat organic layout, and more varied housing.
Fort Moonmoth Overhaul
* A rather major rework of the fort and the area surrounding it. As a bonus the exterior now somewhat matches the interior space.
Dare you set foot inside Fort Ashmoth, N'wah?
Fort Ashmoth Overhaul
* A rather major rework of the fort and the area surronding it.
Balmora Temple Overhaul + Balmora changes
* A large amount of changes to the Manor District, making it flow along the hillside, plus a grand entrance to the Hlaalu Council Manor.
* A large amount of changes to the docks, making the docking area larger to allow for more goods and ships.
* A complete rework of the Balmora Temple exterior, which now overlooks the city.
* Reduced the amount of performance-heavy statics in Balmora.
* Minor changes here and there.
* A makeshift lighthouse has been placed just north of Gnisis. The area around it has also been reworked quite extensivly.
A complete rework of the exterior of the entrance to Dagoth Ur.
Sadrith Mora landscape rework
* A fairly large amount of changes to the landscape in and around Sadrith Mora.
* Daedric Broadsword
New Magic Weapons
* Shadowstring (Longbow)
* Steelheart (Battleaxe)
* Bonedancer (Staff)
* Slicer (Claymore)
* Impaler (Saber)
* Spinecrusher (This was meant to go live last update, but I somehow forgot to place it in the gameworld).
* Champion's Hide
* Orvas Dren's Skooma Pipe
Balmora's Temple, now with a unique look.
* Trebonius' Robe enchantment:
- Resist Paralysis 20-20 on Self (New effect).
Spells (base cost)
* Feather base cost from 0.4 to 0.3.
* Reflect base cost from 0.7 to 0.6.
New gates for some cities.
* Glow-maps have been added to all candles and campfires, and emissive glow have been added to all fires and sparks. Credit goes to 'SpaceDevo' for the work.
* Most trees, ships and some Hlaalu architectural pieces have been optimized for better performance. Credit goes to 'SpaceDevo' for the work.
* New icons for Corprus Weeping, Pearl, Void Salts, Wind Salts, Void Essence, Swamp Slime, Telvanni Resin, Nether Salts and many others.
* New icon for the Boots of Blinding Speed.
* New icon for the Dwemer Dagger.
* New icon for Helseth's Amulet.
* New icon and texture for Human Eye.
* New icon and texture for Human Heart.
* New icon and texture for Dreugh Warlord's Cuirass.
* New models for Wind Salts, Neather Salts and Telvanni Resin.
* New models for various pieces of the Trollbone Armor.
* New models for various pieces of the Indoril Armor.
* New model and icon for Temple Robe of the Patriarch.
* New model and icon for the Dwemer Towershield.
* New model and icon for the Adamantium Longbow.
* New model and icon for the Ebony Longbow.
* New model and icon for Auriel's Bow.
* New model and icon for Frostsong.
* New model, icon and texture for Human Flesh.
* Hundreds of various minor mesh/texture edits.
The user "SpaceDevo" was so kind to add glow-maps to all candles and campfires, and emissive glow to all fires and sparks. Glow maps gives the illusion of wax being sort of translucent when lit, while emissive glow prevents the flame from being obscured by shadows.
Morrowind Rebirth - Birthsigns [Addon]
* Blessed Touch magnitude from 25-25 to 100-100.
* Blessed Word magnitude from 25-25 to 100-100.
Added armor joints for most sets.
Morrowind Rebirth - Game Settings [Addon]
* The idle chance for NPCs playing an animation have been restored back to vanilla values. In Rebirth these animations were a bit too common (fIdleChanceMultiplier).
* The travel speed of spells have been reduced somewhat (fTargetSpellMaxSpeed from 2250 to 2000).
* Updated the readme to contain detailed info regarding the addons.
* Updated the credits-list.