Complete list of features of the mod (+ changelog):
- Highly reduced ammo carrying ability.
- (NEW) On-demand healing with SikkMod’s Health Pack System.
- (NEW) On-demand adrenaline usage with SikkMod’s Adrenaline Pack System. Adrenaline cuts down damage dealt to the body, but not to the armor.
- Healing takes time.
- Random bleeding below critical HP.
- Movement speed differs accordingly to the circumstances and currently carried weapon. Being unarmed grants the fastest movement.
- Automatic weapon holstering according to the circumstances (somewhat tweakable).
- Completely rebalanced armor (now it’s actually meaningful).
- Ability to lean around corners.
- All enemies have been rebalanced.
- Meaningful hitzones (headshots do matter).
- Significantly enhanced monsters’ behaviour.
- PD3 monster skins (toned down to be faithful to the original DooM^3’s design).
- CED2011AP / PD3 models.
- All weapons have been rebalanced and each serves it’s unique purpose.
- Alt-Fire on most of the weapons.
- PD3’s melee attacks on most of the weapons.
- Realistic reloading mechanics for all weapons.
- (NEW) Bullet-based weapons feature reusable clips (Which adds a lot of depth to the shooting. Imagine finding yourself in a middle of a hot gunfight with bunch of half-used clips...)
- No crosshair. Most weapons feature laser sights / iron sights.
- Weapon accuracy is depending on player’s movement, position and alt-fire mode.
- Flashlights on shotgun and machinegun react to power fluctuations in Alpha Labs 2 map.
Some of the weapons alt-fires, less obvious ones / not mentioned in PDAs:
Pistol: triple-round burst with the laser-sight on.
Shotgun: full-auto fire with laser sight and flashlight turned off.
SSG: dual-barrel shot.
Plasma Gun: railgun.
Grenades, The Cube, Fists and Chainsaw are toggle, which means you can select them back and forth with the last used weapon.
- Significantly enhanced gore (tweakable).
- Most decals have much longer lifespan (now you can fully appreciate the mayhem you’ve caused when traversing the maps back. No blood janitor, no bodies janitor, no shells janitor, bullet holes don’t disappear.).
- Best texture packs combined.
- SikkMod’s visual effects and rendering capabilities.
- Best sound packs combined.
- Many different small changes to sounds for better immersion.
- Auditory and visual feedback for many of player’s actions overlooked in the vanilla game.
- All maps have been modified.
- Much less goodies in plain sight.
- Looking for secrets actually makes sense.
- Tweaked many details for better game flow.
- All ammo pickups have exactly as much rounds as it's visible on the in-game models.
- Countless little tweaks and additions, some of which I can’t really remember.
- All patches to the previous releases will be included.
- Highly versatile weapon reloading API which allows one to implement many variations of reloading mechanics side by side.
- Most of SikkMod’s features and DentonMod features in one place.
- Ability to create monsters shooting different types of projectiles (maybe porting Quake4 enemies?).
Dear authors of addons to the mod: They’ll be incompatible with the new release because of API changes. As in, they’ll be deleted once the due date will be met. Please archive your work.