Once again, sorry for the long period without an update. This long period without an update basically has the same reasons as last time; outside life, limited time, etc. To reiterate, if you want more frequent updates, please follow us at any of the following links:
Head Developer's twitter: Twitter - Tristan .H
Corrupted Studios twitter: Twitter - Corrupted Studios
Official Blog: Blog
But now for the news:
- Switch Gates
A different kind of fizzler that changes color and toggles its output every time the player goes through it
- Official development tools
Including versions of hammer, faceposer, model viewer (hlmv), caption compiler, and a custom java based launchwrapper for quick and easy access. (Requires Half-Life 2 for some features)
- Various cubes: Normal cubes, Flip cubes, Pause Cubes, and bomb cubes.
- Visual overhaul: Virtual maps now have black outlines around platforms for easier depth perception, fixed turret deaths, fixed triggers for falling objects, and a newer, but still incomplete, experimental intro map. Real world test chambers are also now in the game with a 60's futuristic art style.
- New cube models
Vaporizes cubes, turrets, and other various objects
- Cubes now automatically turn towards you when picked up, so as you don't have to continuously pick them up and put them down to properly move it.
- New Logo
- New Menu Font
- Java Launchwrapper v2.0
- New debug screen (Press shift and F1) for quick and easy access to many commands
- New main menu chapter background, not only intended just for a menu, but a fix to a bug as well.
- Credits (Which don't yet include third parties) added as a placeholder
- Chapters Renamed
- Complex geometry testing map added for developers
- Some content from Reepblue's version of PUNT added (supplied by Reepblue)
- Many new textures and sound added, which resulted in a larger file size for PUNT.
- New models added
- PUNT gun / E.C.H.O texture changed
- Shaders updated
- Punt gun is now registered as weapon_echo in hammer, as its own entity
- Many new scripts added, such as new soundscapes
- Icon changed
- New doors
- New decals
- Easter eggs not added
- Developer commentary added (Well, started)
- Closed Captions added (started)
- Observatory rooms added
- More entities required to be in every map added
- E.C.H.O / Punt gun sounds added
- Solid fields added
- Player fields added
- Minor resource tweaks
- Many bug fixes
- Many other changes which I'm unable to list due to the number of them
As you can see, this is a fairly long list of changes, which is why an update took so long. We plan on uploading a video within a few weeks.