Episode 2 is finally here. We are really proud of what we have accomplished so far and we think that Episode 2 is better than its predecessor in all meaningful ways and measures. The second episode features 6 levels of varying sizes and way more combat than the first. The levels contain more puzzles and are - at times - harder to navigate. It has been a treat to develop the second episode of Doom 3 Phobos and we hope you will have as much fun playing it as we had building it.
As work on Episode 2 became more and more test heavy, Episode 3 slowly became our new focus. When we released the first episode, we did not start from scratch on the second and the same applies for the third. We already have a really good foundation to work on, but it is really difficult to say anything of value about its release date. We will be doing our best to optimize the development time and complete it sooner rather than later, but there are no guarantees. Especially in the world of hobby projects.
Unpak the folder named ‘tfphobos’ into the root of your Doom 3 installation folder. If you have Episode 1 installed make sure to overwrite all files. Do not rename the folder.
Read the included readme.txt for further installation instructions and solutions to known issues.
- Episode 2 has been added
- Door console in E1M1 no longer crashes the game to menu
- Updated all computer voice feedback with better effect
- Adjusted a lot of ambient and local ingame sound volumes in Episode 1
- Added autosave to E1M1_2
- Added autosave to E1M2
- Save game code has changed, which means all save games from version 1.0 no longer works in version 2.0
- You can now overwrite savegames
- Healthstation gui and sounds updated
- Bloom options now persist
- Replaced Samantha Miles in E1M1 and E1M1_1 with new model
- Replaced Samantha Miles portrait
- Re-enabled head bobbing
- Crawling in vents now plays footstep sounds even when you are crouched
- Replaced the first person view gloves with new and improved version
- Replaced the basketball with a new and improved model
- Replaced the FCE shotgun with new and improved model
- Raised armor protection values
- Decreased shotgun ammo cap, increased pistol ammo cap, decreased rocket ammo cap
- Updated inspection system to include a closer inspect mode to read and see objects
Hope you enjoy Episode 2. And as always, let us know if you experience any bugs.
We could really use some help spreading the word. So please share our mod wherever you can and please leave a review here on moddb. Thanks!
Take care out there!