v2 - 12/05/2012:
Only one build now. Graphics levels are changed via a batch/bash script, and the default graphics quality level is 'High'. To change the graphics quality level:
Windows: run (double-click) "epsilon - change graphics quality.bat"
Mac/linux: run (double-click) "epsilon - change graphics quality - linux and mac"
Top level changes:
* Consolidated four builds into one, wrote batch/bash scripts for users to switch graphics quality levels (which swap graphics packages in and out and change game settings).
* Optimised rygel texture pack and qrp texture packs, fixed missing textures, improving performance (~10fps on my machine) and reducing download and loading times.
* Wrote bash scripts for running on Mac/Linux, retained executable permission status of darkplaces in package (thanks to LordHavoc and Andlinux).
* Added high poly packages for 'ultra' and 'high' graphics quality levels
* Consolidated build size is now about 2.2GB, about 2/3 the size of the original 'ultra' build and 1/4 the size of all of the previous builds put together.
Lower level changes:
* Changed TGA's to PNG's (when alpha's present) or jpeg in most packages to reduce size.
* Optimised performance settings and packages for each graphics level
* Separated normal textures out (not used in Low quality level) from other packages.
* Optimised SMC effects enabled for each quality level
* Optimised lighting settings for 'Low' quality level ('high' lighting).
* New sky for some levels (moondrunk/jenk/beafeater, me)
* Better teleport and slime textures for rygels pack (edited by me)
* Re-zipped pk3s using store. Faster loading, negligible size difference, better overall compression for downloadable zip (equates to 'solid' archiving for individual archives).
* Removed lightbeam support from reflecting overload. Until such point in time as computers quadruple their single core processing speed or darkplaces becomes multiprocessor-secure.
* A myriad of other fixes
Additional notes can be found in the id1/readmes folder, as can details for many of the mods used.
Sources & Thanks to:
Lordhavocs Darkplaces: Icculus.org
Quake shareware: Quakeone.com
Seven's Lava mod: Quakeone.com
Moondrunk/JenK/Beafeater moving sky: Quakeone.com
Mindgrid Audio upgrade: Quakeone.com
Ooppee's explosive barrels upgrade: Quakeone.com
Seven's Small mod compilation: Quakeone.com
Environment effects (various authors): Quakeone.com
Seven's Pretty water and Vis'd maps: Quakeone.com
Reflecting overload (various authors): Quakeone.com
Quake Reforged Monster skins (bestiary): Quakeone.com
Quake reforged project health packs (various authors): Quakeone.com
Rygel's texturepacks (my build of this is optimised): Quakeone.com
Diabolipak music replacement: Quakeone.com
Fredrikh Shambler remodel: Fredrikh.deviantart.com
Effect-enabled powerups (various authors): Quakeone.com
Inkub's RTLights: Quakeone.com
Quake Revitalisation Project textures: Qrp.quakeone.com
Shamblers Castle Hipoly models and skins: Quakeone.com
Fragger's skins: Quakeone.com
MH's .lit lighting pack: Quaketastic.com