Since the release of v4, we have been looking for new ways to help developers in their quests to reach audiences to enjoy their creations. The newly christened 'Modcast' is just the first in list of changes and additions we are implementing. We are always looking for ways to put developers into the spotlight.
Effective immediately, the Mod DB staff is going to provide even more exposure for quality major releases of mods by listing them on the Flash-powered Rotator that appears above the news listings. The extra effort that many mod teams put into their projects and press releases should receive more attention. We want to help teams that do their best to capitalize on every tool, resource and service Mod DB offers.
This being said, there will be a few ground rules going forward that we will use to determine which releases warrant the extra attention:
- Featured releases must be major releases with significant changes. No bugfixes or minor patches will be accepted.
- News posts about releases must be well formatted (spelling!) and contain the following:
- Links to downloads of the latest release on ModDB.com's download section
- Media (screenshots/video) taken from latest release that is linked to the gallery for your mod's profile on ModDB.com (you can use the embed html code in the lower right hand corner seen in gallery pages)
- Mods of varying sizes will be considered - everything from gameplay tweaks to full-out total conversions (alpha, beta, charlie, etc.) but the quality of the both the mod/game content and press release will be the main determining factors.
We believe that this presents a fair chance for all mods to showcase their works. At the same time, it provides gamers with quick easy access to the best mods with information that is easy to digest. So start proofreading and slapping some polish on those press releases and news posts, it could lead to a whole lot of extra heads turning your way.