This version of the mod brings you a vast number of balance changes and bug fixes, as well as a fair amount of new and reworked old content. It will be released on 21th of February 2020. at 12:00 UTC+1.
- All factions now have a reliable source of fear immunity, either through hero spells and leaderships or from Spellbook powers.
- Units now share gained experience with Captain type units, just like they do with heroes.
- All battle towers can now attack even when not garrisoned.
- All shield wall type formations had their armor bonus slightly reduced.
- Rain of Fire damage per explosion increased from 200 to 300. Minimal/Maximal number of explosions per second increased from 5/10 to 7/15. Spell duration increased from 20 to 25 seconds. Cooldown increased from 240 to 300 seconds.
- Shadow of Clouded Vision spell has been renamed to Shadow of Mordor.
- Door Wardens are no longer trample immune.
- Royal Guards' Sons of Eorl ability is now gained at rank 2.
- Elfhelm's Vigilance vision range buff increased from 15% to 33%.
- Legolas's Train Archers ability cooldown increased from 150 to 180 seconds.
- Gondor Captains now require significantly more experience to rank up.
- Gondor Spearmen cost increased from 175 to 250.
- Trebuchets can now form combo battalions with Gondor Spearmen in Shield Wall formation.
- Summoned Rohirrim no longer cost command points.
- Knights of Dol Amroth health increased from 300 to 350. Number per battalion increased from 4 to 5. Lifetime increased from 60 to 120 seconds.
- Eregion Craftsmanship upgrade cost reduction increased from 15% to 25%.
- Mirkwood Guardians are now trained at rank 1 Mirkwood Outpost.
- Mirkwood Rangers are now trained at rank 2 Mirkwood Outpost. Command point cost reduced from 20 to 15.
- Legolas's leadership is now gained at rank 5 and only affects Mirkwood Guardians and Mirkwood Rangers. Train Archers ability cooldown increased from 150 to 180 seconds.
- Glorfindel's Light of Valinor armor buff reduced from 33% to 25%.
- Haldir's Herio an Lórien attack buff reduced from 33% to 25%.
- Uruk Captains now require significantly more experience to rank up.
- Saruman's basic attacks now knockback enemies in a small radius. Saruman of Many Colors's spell recharge time reduction increased from 25% to 50%.
- Grima's abilities has been changed as follows:
- Sabotage now also prevents the target structure from producing resources and units.
- Sabotage now deals 5000 damage to gates and 0 damage to other structures.
- Poisonous Words has been renamed to Mind Corruption and is now gained at rank 6.
- Assasinate is now gained at rank 7.
- Isengard Unleashed - replaces Shadow of Mordor in Isengard's Spellbook. Reduces the training time of all units by 99%. Lasts for 60 seconds. Does not affect allies.
- Rain of Fire and Isengard Unleashed had their places in the Spellbook swapped.
- Orc Spearmen have been renamed to Orc Pikemen and are now trained at rank 2 Orc Pit. Cost increased from 275 to 300.
- Grond's Dark Cloud ability changed to increase nearby friendly units' attack and armor by 15%.
- Sauron's recruitment time has been reduced from 120 to 60 seconds. Revive time increased from 60 to 120 seconds.
- Mouth of Sauron's abilities have been changed as follows:
- Evil Eye has been renamed to Sorcery of Mordor and is now gained at rank 4.
- Poisonous Words speed reduction increased from 10% to 15%.
- Poisonous Words is now gained at rank 5.
- Morgul Statue cost reduced from 350 to 300 and now reduces enemy armor by 25% as well.
- Troll Legionary Equipment Upgrade - significatly increases Cave Trolls' armor and unlocks Half-Trolls' Cleaving Blades ability. It is available at rank 2 Gundabad Deepforge, at the cost of 1500 resources.
- Half-Trolls' Brute Strength ability renamed to Cleaving Blades. Health increased from 175 to 250.
- Cave Trolls' cost reduced from 1200 to 1000.
- Dol-Guldur Warg Riders now use a new model (credits go to the former SaF mod team).
- Barrow Wights received a rewamp:
- Health increased from 800 to 1000.
- Armor changed as follows:
- Default damage taken increased from 1% to 10%,
- Damage from magic increased from 1% to 150%,
- Damage from ranged Heroes increased from 1% to 90%,
- Damage from Siege attacks increased from 1% to 25%.
- Limited to maximum of 3 at any time.
- Abilities rewamped as follows:
- Rank 1: Curse of the Necromancer - reflects 15% of damage received back to the attacker. Reveals nearby invisible units.
- Rank 2: Instill Dread - reduces attack and armor of nearby enemies by 25% and speed by 15%. Lasts for 25 seconds.
- Rank 3: Haunt Minds - temporarily takes control of enemy units in a small area.
- Giant Spiders of Mirkwood received a rewamp:
- Model changed to a more menacing one.
- Health increased from 850 to 900.
- Attack radius increased from to 10 to 15.
- Poisonous Sting - attacks reduce attack and armor of the target by 25%. Lasts for 10 seconds.
- Burrow - travels underground to a target location. Deals minor damage and knockbacks enemies when resurfacing.
- Azog's leadership now provides fear immunity as well.
- Gundabad Orc Cave cost reduced from 350 to 300.
- Tunnel lifetime increased from 100 to 120 seconds. Tunnels no longer spawn Gundabad orcs automaticaly, but can train units trained in Gudabad Orc Caves instead.
- The Legion spell now also allows Tunnels to train Dol-Guldur Orcs.
- Wolves of the North spell now summons wargs that use the same model as the trainable Dol-Guldur Wargs.
- Horsemen Recurve Bows Upgrade - allows Haradrim Raiders to toggle between lances and bows. It is available at rank 2 Bazaar, at the cost of 1500 resources.
- Haradrim Raiders' weapon toggle no longer requires the battalion to reach rank 3.
- Rhun Cataphracts now take 200% damage from cavalry, up from 150%.
- Mumakil health regeneration now recovers 30 health per second, up from 20.
- Sandstorm's damage per second to non-structure targets increased by 225%. Maximum theoretical damage is now around 1000, up from around 300. Please take note that a unit can only take this much damage if it has stood within the Sandstorm for its whole duration - 30 seconds.
- Wyrm's attacks now properly damage targets within close range of the Wyrm. Maximum damage to non-structure targets increased from 750 to 800. Attack radius decreased from 150 to 120.
Campaigns are not working.
New factions do not have AIs.
Existing factions' AIs have not been updated.
If you are using a Linux-type Operating system,
do the following to launch the mod:
Type "wine lotrbfme.exe -mod ExtendedEdition0.975.big"
BFME+ mod team.
LGDA5 mod team.
QFME mod team.
WKK3 mod team.
MathijsRevora and the former Shadow and Flame mod team.
The Third Age Net (and all the authors of the models and textures used in this mod).
And others whose names I may have forgotten...
Names are listed in no particular order.
Support me on Patreon:
Feel free to post your suggestions and report any bugs you encounter via comments or private messages on this site.