After two years, the new version of Middle-earth Extended Edition is ready to be released. It will be available for download on Monday, 16th of October at 18:00 CET.
I planned to release this version as far back as March of this year, however it was delayed due to the mod's file, and with it two years worth of work, being lost due to my own mistake and the upgrade of the PC I use. I was also busy passing exams to enter a university and two weeks ago I started my Software Engineering studies in a city 400 kilometers away from my hometown.
Along with the gameplay, this version mostly focuses on Mordor, Elves and Gundabad.
Changes in this version are:
- Structures now take slightly less damage from regular melee units.
- Tainted Land and Elven Wood now give 30% instead of 40% bonus armor.
- Leadership bonuses were reduced on a global scale. For example, nearly all +50% armor bonuses were tuned down to +25%.
- Forged Blades are now unavailable. However the AI can still research them due to it being scripted to do so.
- Balance changes regarding hero, unit and building costs, build times and such.
- Obsolete code and art were removed to save up on the mod's size and make the code easier to navigate through.
- Theoden now starts with 1000 health instead of 900.
- Royal Guards received the 'Sons of Eorl' passive ability which gives +3% bonus movement speed and +10% experience to nearby cavalry.
- Door Wardens received the 'Defenders of Wold' passive ability which gives nearby Farms +25% armor.
- Rohan Horse Archers now gain +15% instead of +10% attack range from their bow upgrade.
- Isildur is no longer available.
- Tower Guards received the 'Guards of the White Tower' passive ability which gives nearby Citadels, Camp Keeps and Outposts +15% armor.
- Rangers received the 'Skilled Scouts' passive ability which allows them to reveal nearby invisible units.
- Summoned Dunedain received a slight buff.
- The Elven Spellbook was reworked. Dwarves of Erebor spell now summons a group of Dwarves and King Dain for a limmited time and now costs 3 power points and is in the third row.
- Orome's Blessing spell has taken the place of the Dwarves of Erebor spell in the second row and works like the Ride Light and Swift spell in Rohan's Spellbook.
- Elven Gifts now cost 2 power points for Elves.
- Gil-Galad is no longer available.
- Elrond now has Gil-Galad's Vilya ability.
- Glorfindel's abilities had their FX effects fixed and Starlight has been reworked and given a new FX effect.
- Haldir's cost has been reduced to 1200 from 1700.
- King Dain is now only available as a summoned hero.
- Frodo is no longer available.
- Sam now costs 200.
- All Elven units now have 'The Eldar' passive ability at rank 2 which allows them to slowly heal when not in combat.
- Galadhrim Scouts now deal less damage and received the 'Skilled Scouts' passive ability which allows them to reveal nearby invisible units.
- Galadhrim Scouts's attack range has been slightly reduced.
- Galadhrim Scouts's cost is now 250.
- Rivendel Swordmasters' cost is now 200.
- Galadhrim Marchwardens have been removed.
- Mirkwood Elves have been replaced with Mirkwood Rangers.
- Lindon Horse Archers are now limmited to 2 battalions.
- Elves now have a Porter. For now they use Rohan's porter as a placeholder.
- Added the Lothlorien Library building which provides the 'Wisdom of the Noldor', 'Eregion Craftsmanship' and 'Vinemaking' upgrades.
- Fire Arrows upgrade has been moved to the rank 2 Elven Armory.
- Grima now has 750 health instead of 650.
- Grima's 'Treason' ability now reduces enemy experience gain by 35%.
- Ugluk's leadership gives +15% movement speed instead of +20%.
- Sharku now has the 'Good Senses' passive ability which allows him (in fact his warg) to reveal nearby invisible units.
- Uruk Scouts received the 'Skilled Scouts' passive ability which allows them to become invisible near trees aswell as to reveal nearby invisible units.
- Warg Riders are no longer invisible.
- Warg Archers are no longer trainable.
- Explosive Mines are now limmited to 3.
- Balistas are now limmited to 5.
- Eye of Sauron no longer gives +50% armor.
- Allies of the South spell is now called Haradrim Allies and summons a group of Haradrim Lancers for a limmited time.
- Summoned Haradrim have 75 health instead of 60.
- Haradrim Palace is now unbuildable. However the AI can still build it due to it being scripted to do so.
- Sorcery of Morgul now unlocks the mounting of Fellbeasts for the Witch King and the Nazgul.
- Sauron now attacks slighly faster and deals 50% more damage to the Balrog and Structures.
- Mouth of Sauron's voice is slighly louder now.
- Mouth of Sauron's leadership now gives +25% attack and +5% movement speed to nearby units.
- Mouth of Sauron's 'Poisonous Words' ability now reduces enemy experience gain by 35%.
- Gothmog's attack animation has been fixed.
- Orc Spearmen now cost 275 instead of 280.
- Black Uruks are now trained in hordes of 10.
- Morgul Orcs can now properly form a combo horde with Orc Archers.
- Attack Trolls are no longer trainable as they were obsolete.
- The Dark Tower has been replaced with the Morgul Barracks.
- Orc's of the Mountains spell now gives +15 health, +3% movement speed and +25% experience to Gundabad Orcs and Archers and Dol-Guldur Orcs.
- Azog's normal attacks no longer deal splash damage.
- Azog's Commander of Legions passive ability now gives 50% knockback resistance instead of 100%.
- Bolg's Bodyguards ability now summons only 1 Dol-Guldur Orc horde.
- Great Goblin's Headhunt ability now works properly.
- Yazneg now has the 'Good Senses' passive ability which allows him (in fact his warg) to reveal nearby invisible units.
- Dol-Guldur Orcs no longer require the Orcs of the Mountains spell to be trained and are now limmited to 5 hordes.
- Dol-Guldur Wargs now cost 325 instead of 375.
- Dol-Guldur Wargs' attack and health have been reduced. They also can't crush units anymore.
- Dol-Guldur Wargs now get an Alpha Warg upon reaching rank 2 which serves as a banner carrier.
- Dol-Guldur Wargs Riders can now be upgraded with the Wolf-Armor upgrade.
- Half Trolls now have 175 health and have received the 'Brute Strenght' passive ability at rank 2 which causes their attacks to deal splash damage in a small area.
- Hill Trolls have been renamed to Cave Trolls and now cost 1200 instead of 1400.
- Gundabad now has a Porter. For now they use Isengard's Porter as a placeholder.
- Gundabad's Buildings and bases received a major overhaul.
- Serpent Guards received the 'Desert Warriors' passive ability which gives +5% attack and +3% movement speed to nearby infantry.
- Campagins still dont work (I really have no idea why). Maybe Assembler programming lessons on my studies will help me figure out what the crash reposts say.
- New factions still have no AIs. They will get it after the remaining planned content is added to each faction.
- There may be some typos in tooltips or minor bugs which I either forgot about or didn't see.
Report any bugs or post your ideas/suggestions on this mod's ModDB page or send me a private message on my ModDB account.
- BFME+ mod team.
- LGDA5 mod team.
- QFME mod team.
- WKK3 mod team.
- MathijsRevora and the former Shadow and Flame mod team.
- The Third Age Net (and all the authors of the models and textures used in this mod).
- HDR HQ.
And others whose names I may have forgotten...
Names are listed in no particular order.
To play this mod you need either the patch 1.06 (recommended), 1.05 or 1.03 of BFME1.
Do not upload this mod or any of its part without my permission. This mod contains the work of many artists, the majority of whom are no longer active so please respect their aswell as my work.