May 2013 Update
Hello all. Long time no updates and yet a lot of progress has been made over the last few months. After almost a year previously working on updates I realized I'd lost direction completely, so a couple of months ago I went back to the 1.0 Beta release and started back porting some of the ideas I'd done in the mean time and came up with a lot more too. I think the result is gonna be something special. Online games have proven fun with quite a few new tactics open to people and a new rapid gameplay thanks to the balance alterations I've made.
Anyway people will be able to find out for themselves once Multiplayer Beta 2 is released, here's one of those vague promotional list of changes for the next version.
- Approx. 13 new or replacement buildable multiplayer units since Beta 1.0.
- A new balance formula designed to make the right counters super effective without making things completely useless even in difficult situations.
- Includes over 40 extra multiplayer maps sourced from the community and edited to work in Red-Res.
- A rebalanced economy, now ore is more readily available and miners are quicker, providing a steadier streaming income.
- 4 nations per faction playable in multiplayer, each with their own unique unit, many changed from Beta 1.0.
- A deadly improved AI based on the Beta 1.0 version, which was built from scratch.
- New Tech structures available to capture on maps to further increase tactical possibilities.
- All new stolen tech, your spies can steal new weapons of war from the enemy.
In the meantime below is one of the new Tech structures available for capture on several of the existing and new multiplayer maps. The Tech Missile Silo launches a devastating cruise missile after a short countdown for the price of $1500 credits. Here's the building below in various stages, including the new rubble I created at the end, below that is a picture of the missile's effects.
NOTE: future balancing may change it's effects somewhat.