At last: The long-awaited final Version of Immersion 1944 Phase One. (1.0) will be released.
Due to Christmas, I lack time to provide a proper Installer for now. So I will release it as Open Beta, which should be working as well, but gives me the opportunity to adress problems that might have slipped through ( they always do! ) due to the hasty release. The mod has been intensively tested though, but you knwer know.
Here is a small list of just of major changes which might explain the long wait. Thx for your patience, guys.
- hopefully solved all mission crashes & repaired non-working ones.
- enhanced and polished a lot of missions
- further corrected historical inaccuracies in skins and missions ( still work in progess)
- Removed the unhistorical Bridges from the Carentan missions
- Added new Mission "Barkmanns Corner" to US Campaign ( reworked "Autry" ) as US units didnt encounter Tigers until after Falaise
- exchanged British units with Canadian 3rd Infantry Division in "Authie",swapped Cromwells for Shermans where possible, corrected 17th SS to 12th
- added Crusader AA for British and Staghound AA to the canadian missions
- added some more units for the Germans: Renault FT 17, Sdkfz 7/2,leIG18, Pak 36, Wespe, Grille, SdKfz -251/2 and Sdkfz 251/10
- exchanged the Bergetiger with an SdKfz 9 for Panzerelite in Campaign & skirmish, stats in skirmish remain the same
- changed the defending Army in "Best" to from PE to Wehrmacht, because it was not the 9th SS but the 59th - Infantry Division which defended it
- exchanged Waffen SS with Fallschirmjäger from Kamfgruppe Jungwirth in "Return to Valkenswaard" and Tigers back to Jagdpanthers
- added Ostruppen to german defenders in Montebourg, Cherbourg, Nan-White Beach and Oeration Deadstick
- added proper armpatches for all Commonwealth Infantry
added HD Skins and non-mirroring ranks for Wehrmacht units, non-mirorring arm eagles for SS Infantry ( still work in progess)
- Completely new sounds!!
Immersion 1944 now contains the new "Ultimate Sound Mod" by XFX that features much more authentic weapon- and even engine sounds and fixes a lot of sound bugs of the original game.
...and much more tiny details no one will really notice. ;)