This article is related to the original Company of Heroes and Blitzkrieg Mod game settings, it has nothing to do with Historical add-on, please BUY THE ORIGINAL GAME (Company of Heroes, NOT the LEGACY version who is not compatible) to prevent BUGS & CRASHES, this is a very cheap game and he's earned it! before playing COH, DON'T FORGET TO INCREASE YOUR PC VIRTUAL MEMORY ( Youtube.com ) & ALWAYS HAVE A GRAPHIC CARD DRIVER UPDATED, mods are in general more hungry with PC resources.
- Make sure you have the right Blitzkrieg mod version, if not Download it from the Steam store page here (free): Store.steampowered.com
INGAME MISSING ICONS (ABILITIES/UNITS) please READ:
- IMPORTANT: Do not set your Shaders quality on "ultra" but high, otherwise it will create visual errors, ultra shaders aren't supported by the COH1 engine.
- COH Graphic parameters to prevent graphic bugs:
- Why the model detail cursor need to be at 100% By Tiger1996 Youtu.be
- Low framerate, Lags with WINDOWS 10 updates: If you have problems since last windows update:
- Try to set the compatibility mode for the game on Windows 7. ( Check here )
-Right click on RelicCOH.exe and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box that says "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
-Nvidia control panel and Turning vertical Sync off seems to fix the problem as well:
Rather than make this a global setting I have done it under Manage 3d settings > Program settings.
Added CoH then set Vertical Sync to off for just this game.
-NOTE- Anti Virus programs and Screen captures softwares are slowing down PC general performance and create lags/low framerates on some machines.
-IMPORTANT: From now, Windows 10 will automatically run his updates, you can check that in your update control panel here ---> Windows update panel and when its the case, ALL games and applications will be concerned by having less resources to play with, this will cause major lags and will slow down all your running programs, especially if you are playing online, you can't prevent those updates to run as there is no more options to stop Windows 10 auto updating.
-Try to have your Steam application and your Company of Heroes game in the same location on the same HDD/SSD.
- USE ONLY Microsoft DirectX 9.0, ( Microsoft.com ) DirectX 10 or later aren't supported by COH1 and create in game texture errors.
- When playing a skirmish versus ai disconnect you from the steam chat/friend panel (if your machine is slow)
- For people having trouble in online multiplayer "crash": go to documents/my games/company of heroes relaunch/playback. there should be a file called temp.rec. You need to create a text document with notepad or wordpad and call it temp.rec. Then , delete the actual playback document. This should work.
- Don't forget from time to time to empty you COH LogFiles: (PC/Documents/My Games/Company Of Heroes Relaunch/LogFiles) A lot of Gigas are taking from those files!
- Errors/Crashes/Game not launching properly because of missing files ---> time to verify your game integrity cache for BK Mod and COH: library right-click on BK mod or COH -> properties -> "Local files" tab -> "verify integrity of game files" button Youtube.com to prevent having missing textures, Warning, this will delete your customs units "native" speeches sounds by replacing them by the original vCOH ones.
D-DAY JUNE 44, THE HISTORICAL TEXTURES FOR BLITZKRIEG MOD.
AFRIKA 43, THE NORTH AFRICAN EXTENSION FOR BLITZKRIEG MOD.
OFFICIAL BLITZKRIEG MOD YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Youtube.com
PvP BLITZKRIEG MOD CHANNEL by Tiger1996: Youtube.com