The Red Front will be available on Steam on the 5th of October.
To celebrate this, we have released the game play trailer!
The website (www.theredfront.com) has also had a facelift with lots of new content added.
There have been many changes over the last two weeks in The Red Front, steam integration, bug fixing, balancing and translations have been added.
This list is not exhaustive due to the amount of changes which have been made, but do represent the bulk of the changes:
- Steam achievement integration
- Armour upgrades have been fixed on all levels
- Support for Russian and German languages have been added
- The enemies spawned on each level has been refined
- The player laser no longer hits the enemy airbomber
- Changes to collision objects on Warsaw and Berlin.
- The flamethrower enemies are no longer heard across the level when using their weapon
- A new splash screen has been added, as well as new logo art
- Enemy an ally spawns have been fixed across Vilnius, Warsaw, Berlin and Leningrad
- River Don has had snow enabled on the level
- Volume control settings now correctly work across all scenes
- The steam store front has been built
New promotional images have also been added for the store and main website front – a few of them are below (Including the new logo for the game!):
It has been a very long journey in the development of The Red Front, however it has been very rewarding. We are very excited for the release and are hoping you are as well.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be doing more play testing to ensure the game balance is right and that all bugs have been fixed.
Steam keys for reviewers, youtubers and twitchers will be released this week with an embargo of reviews/streams for the 5th of October in place.
If you are interested in a review of The Red Front, you can apply here:
- Comrade Tim