Studio KUBI Games is announcing a new dark action adventure game set in medieval Silesia. It’s a unique mix of several genres: the fighting sequences resemble RPGs and the riddles and dialogues resemble adventure games from the 90’s, but there are also stealth passages and challenging puzzles. After a successful playtest, the game is leaving its pre-production phase and releasing the first teaser trailer to let people know it’s on the way.
Watch it on YouTube:
Europe is in the middle of religious upheaval and many preachers predict that the end of the world is near. The year is 1428 and the Hussites have just set out on their Silesian campaign. These heretics appear to be the biggest threat in the kingless country. But true evil of a completely different kind is lurking nearby and it will not engage in religious disputes.
- An interesting story, with true historical events in the background.
- Linear gameplay based on chapters and levels.
- Challenging riddles and puzzles in the style of classic adventure games.
- Exploration of underground dungeons, caves, monasteries, or castles.
- Isometric, stylized, slightly fairytale-like, but mostly dark low poly graphics.
- Stealth passages.
- A combat system where being outnumbered is a problem.
The game is currently planned only for Windows and PC. Other platforms are being considered.
About the team
The entire game is a one-man project. I’ve been working on it for about a year, even though the idea itself dates back much further. A few graphic artists, animators, and sound engineers have helped out with the game as well.