Some of you may have noticed a recent addition to Homeworld 2 mods, a Dustwars Total Conversion. It is based on a recent release of HW2 development documents which can be found here.
They are based on a previous version of Homeworld known as Dustwars. As Dustwars, Homeworld was intended to bring more fun, have better gameplay and graphics and less plot holes.
Screens from original Dustwars:
This mod aims to revive the true spirit of the Homeworld series with:
- Extensive, emotional storyline without any of the annoying plot holes.
- A fleet of both new and classic Homeworld units, along with specialised capital ships and configurable weaponry and subsystems.
- A more realistic form of space warfare, something like PDS lite. Example is available here.
- Great music including, but not limited to, tracks from the following games/movies: Homeworld 1 & 2, Eve Online, Orb, Haegemonia, FreeSpace, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down
- Whole new bunch of Homeworld-style intermission animatics, now including Hiigaran and Veygr characters, for a more personal storyline.
- Vast and Epic missions, including large scale capital-ship combat, retrieving lifeboats under heavy fire, covert operations and other types ...
We have a website !
To visit it click the following link -> Dustwars-hw2-tc.prv.pl
And here you can see development pics of models:
And a bit of concept art: