The development team of Dodgeball for the Source Engine would like to announce that the Dodgeball Alpha 3 release
has been made public! More progress has been made since the last release (Alpha 2) than we could possibly have anticipated.Much of this progress has taken place because of your great enthusiasm and contribution to our testing sessions! Head over to Dodgeball.xsystemmods.com to download this highly anticipated release!
We have an alpha 3 server up at 184.108.40.206:27015
This server will host the newest version of Dodgeball and will cycle through the maps that haave been released.
Download the Alpha build and head into the server for some serious competitive Dodgeball mayhem!
- Balls now have red texture
- Hands are animated and catching the opponents ball is - possible (but not unless you practice)
- Balls respawning fixed on db_skyscraper
- Falling Damage fixed on db_skyscraper
- Dodgeballs now bounce and react to physics like a rubber ball. They can bounce off of players, walls, the floor and of course, other balls.
- Non-Teamplay servers no longer crash on boot.
- Dodgeball Background menu image now implemented.
- db_prison renamed db_EastLA.
- Added crows to EastLA for your aiming practice.
- Charging a throw is now necessary to get enough velocity to do damage. (3 seconds is a full charge)
- db_twofloors(alpha) is included with the build. (try it out on teamplay mode only).
Description of Dodgeball:
Dodgeball is a full game conversion based on the Source Engine. This engine was chosen because of its
use of the Havoc physics engine which will have a huge impact on the feel of this game. Dodgeball will
be a game based on the sport we all love. This is a game designed with you in mind. We are creating an
amazing innovative gameplay experience and focusing on the specific items that will make this game stand
out from the crowd. Dodgeball is available with up to 16 on 16 matches for pure hilarious adrenaline
pumping fun! We are in the process of taking full use of the Havoc physics engine to add to the gameplay
experience. One of the most important things about Dodgeball is the competition. We will be hosting and
facilitating competitions and currently have a forum up at Dodgeball.xsystemmods.com where
teams (clans) can begin to recruit.