The upcoming capability system requires a way to change stats of surrounding units. That made dynamic auras necessary. Consider Skhorn's bagpipes that can make the surrounding Scottish troops yell. Therefore Radagast had to rewrite the aura system to support this.
- To specify auras outsourced for easy reuse and to fulfill the single source principle.
- Entities to override an aura at any time.
- Auras that are active for a certain amount of time (extensively used by the capability system).
- Adding and removing auras on the fly.
- Multiplayer compatible.
- Not the easy way as adding and removing auras on the fly can be costly. 0BC used an high-performance algorithm.
Capabilities system allowing wizards and heaps of magic spells or special attack moves.
Entities playing instruments like bagpipes as envisioned by Skhorn.
Entities learning capabilities (entities teaching each other things, see also technology transfer).
Professions (making extensive use of the inventory system, i.e. entities cooperate when following their profession).