Code of the savage now has a Steam store presence, and a new alpha gameplay trailer.
Along with this news, I have set a tentative release date for December 2022.
Being a solo developer, it's never easy to pin a release date, as life often gets in the way of things, but I am confident I can reach this goal if I put my mind to it and continue with the current trajectory.
Development has progressed continuously over the last 5 years... with many bumps along the way. I have never lost sight of my goal, and I am more determined than ever to deliver the final product.
In development news: Since the last update, I have been hard at work on the cutscene system. An ever important tool to tell your story...
Check out the trailer below and head on over to the store page and wish list Code of The Savage today!
New gameplay trailer:
From the new Steam page
Code of the Savage is a tale of vengeance and survival. After escaping a slave ship, you have found yourself in chains and washed ashore on the island Kingdom of Daneth. You must find your way in a brutal and unforgiving world where nothing is black and white.
Code of the Savage is a no-holds-barred classic western style RPG. Inspired by the greats from the 80-90’s with a modern flair. There is a strong emphasis on player freedom through social and moral interactions… Will you choose to firebomb the brothel, the church… Or both? Will you do it for money, glory or just because?
In Code of the Savage, you and the main character are totally new to Daneth. Explore the land and discover its rich history and lore.
I wanted to create a role playing game that brought me back to my gamer days as a child on the C64 and MS-DOS PC. There is just something lacking in today's RPGs that I miss. Tired of micro-transactions, and randomly generated worlds; I am creating a world that is handcrafted with purpose. Essentially, I am creating the game that I want to play.
Code of the Savage includes a great emphasis on NPC interaction. Each NPC in Code of The Savage has their own story, their own character portrait, and a daily schedule. They will, go about their daily lives, going to work, eating and sleeping.
Level up your character and adventure forth to discover the treasures, history, and people of Daneth.
- Open world - A large open, seamless, non-linear, hand-crafted world for you to explore. Including day and night cycles, and weather.
- Exploration - Discover towns, cities, hidden caves and dungeons. Unravel the rich lore of Daneth.
- NPCs with depth - Meet a rich cast of NPCs with a dynamic branching conversation system. NPCs remember your name and react differently depending on the situation.
- Dark themes - Code of The Savage doesn't hold back on what some may consider offensive content. If you're easily offended, Code of The Savage is probably not for you... This is not a "slay the dragon" and "save the princess" RPG.
- Player freedom - There are various ways to progress through the game, with no right or wrong answers. Morality in Code of The Savage is not black and white. You decide what's right, and you decide what's wrong.
- Adventure - Battle giants, undead and other creatures, hunt to gather resources, or go on a murderous rampage, the choice is yours.
- Combat - Fast-paced dynamic combat system which is a mix between turn based and real time. Combat encounters happen in real time, without loading to a separate combat screen.
- Inventory - An intuitive and easy to use inventory system. Any equipment and armour the player is wearing shows on their avatar.
- Controls - Smooth grid-based movement. Easy and intuitive mouse and keyboard controls.