The latest patch for the Natural Selection 2 Beta is now available on Steam. If you have pre-ordered the game it should automatically update on Steam. If you would like to pre-order and get instant access to the beta, you can still do so here.
This is a relatively small patch, as we've been spending a lot of time trying to track down sound and other issues from 164 and generally playing "catch up" from the massive patch that was Build 163. Here's a quick video describing where we are and where we're going for the next week:
Build 165 changelog
- Fixed bug where logging into the command station would mess up player's weapons when logged out
- Updated infestation building sound to not be looping to reduce/fix out of channels problem
- Disabled distress beacon until it works without spawning people in stuck
- Fixed bug where looping sounds weren't destroyed when entities were destroyed
- All parented sounds and particles for all Actors are now destroyed when they are
- Fixed bug where armory arms opened on the wrong side (due to new random rotation of structures)
- Mask alien players' names from marines while gestating. This way, aliens can take advantage of the "camouflage" in the hive provided by all the other eggs (thanks Skyler!)
- Improvements and tweaks for all alien heal effects
- Added s_stats console command to display sound system statistics
- Added parasite animation and effect
- Added a tooltip for failing to place infestation as a Gorge
- Constrained the Gorge move velocity if building (used to work and then stopped for some reason)
- Added some tooltips to HydraAbility for failing to build Hydra
- Added additional profiling sections for particle related functions
- Increased infestation health from 250 to 500 to make currently slow-growing infestation from being wiped out too easily (especially at the hive)
- Fixed bug where Observatory could scan when it wasn't powered
- New pistol sounds
- Tweaks and iterations to guns and explosions (rifle, grenade launcher, shotgun)
- Parasite on power point goes away when power point destroyed
- Added back in marine/rifle/end
- Increased the amount of time the give damage indicator is visible from 0.25 to 1 second
You can always keep up to date with what we're working on for the next patch with our real-time progress tracker and please don't forget to subscribe to your new YouTube channel to get these updates ASAP!
See you online!
woot! great news! keep it up Max, Charlie, Matt, and Cory ^.^
I hope you guys end-up being a successful company and to work with you some day :D
I wanna price drop to 20 lol. I want this game but I haven't spend more then 20 dollars a month on games if that. Maybe next month I can buy this game... I feel bad for not jumping on the Special Edition this just gets better every patch.
Yeah, at it's current price it's not a very attractive deal, completed or not, the Christmas 2 for 1 deal was great, me and my friends pitched in, 15$ a copy was a massive steal, 20$ sounds bout right. 25$ tops.
At current it's just kinda like "Yikes..."
Even if it is only beta.
Is it on desura?
steam-only so far...
really awesome video, mates! Keep it up :)
I think they should release a bundle with Overgrowth again, for those who have missed that. I basically got both games for the price of one, which is more than fair and was a big incentive at that time for me.
It must be a pain developing an ambitious game for so long and then running short on money. I wish the best to the team and hope they can finish the game that was originally one of the best Half-Life mods ever made. It has potential to be one of the best indie games, too.
Charlie.... You are my hero :)