Post news RSS Broken and fixed

After a discouraging run of gamebreaking problems, I've discovered the root cause of the problem..... I think:p

Posted by on

Since shortly after the release of SLT 2a3 I discovered that not all of the existing entities were loading when using my custom game save function. Thus the release of the smaller xyz and veh spawn files. This unfortunately was not the fix. I looked over that code a thousand times until yesterday when I observed that the code would freeze on the last set before one that was removed from the id table. This would cause the reloading code to call on a nill value from the id table and freeze the code at that point. All of this was fixed by removing one character from the code!!

Now that the problem has been discovered, I plan to resume the process of implementing new features to the game. For those that do not want to wait for the fix to come, here's what you can do.

1. Go to "[OFDR Game folder}\data_win\missions\SLT 2\SLT 2\scripts"
2. Open the file called "level.lua" in a text editor (notepad will do)
3. Search the string "for i,v in ipairs(game.idTable) do"
4. Remove the "i" from ipairs
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have gone through the entire file

There are 8 instances of this line in the entire file.

Once this is done, you will be good to go!!

I'll be uploading a new version including this fix(duh) as soon as I get some new material together ;D

Cheers!

Post a comment
Sign in or join with:

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.