BrainBread 2 Pre-Summer Update
BrainBread 2 has received yet another update, unfortunately we've not kept our modDB profile up to speed with the latest patches. So hopefully this news post will address the major changes since the last announcement here on modDB.
The Hot Stuff
A remake of the BrainBread 1 Mecklenburg map,
the map features a large pool of objectives and a side quest.
A remastered version of the Factory map featured in the alpha version of BrainBread 2.Island, Arena
Originally a map salvaged from the old BrainBread: Source team back in 2007. The survivors have to fight through endless waves of zombies, the intensity increases for every round. There is also a hidden "easter-egg" boss encounter present in the map.Carnage, Arena
Carnage was initially intended as an objective map back in the BB:S days,
it was supposed to be a remake of the original Carnage map from BrainBread 1.
Coltec is inspired by the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game series,
and provides a series of challenges and a fancy rare mini-boss encounter.
Perhaps the hardest arena map to date? Salvage features a new boss, Johnson the Junkyard King.
- Winchester 1894
- Akimbo Beretta
- Akimbo Glock-17
- Akimbo Sawed-Off
- Benelli M4
- Client-Side Playermodel Support, similar to GoldSrc and Sven Co-Op.
- Extended workshop support for dedicated servers, and integrated auto workshop downloading when connecting to servers using workshop content.
- Bullet penetration.
- Rage Mode for Zombie Players.
- Boosted Fred and gave him some extra anti-camp attacks.
- Ammo Dropping.
- Arena Hard Mode, disables reinforcements but increases XP gained.
- Hard Scaling, increases XP gained but uses the average level in the game to decide the right scaling factor for NPCs.
- Vote Map Menu when the game ends, to allow the players to choose their preferred level.
- Improved hit detection and lag compensation logic for both melee and firearms.
- Added VGUI Screen keypad.
- Increased max points from 99 to 125. LvL 100 awards 2 points, every 100 LvL after LvL 100 awards 5 points and finally LvL 500 awards 10 points.
- Reworked the quest system and logic.
- Reworked the inventory system and logic.
- Added new achievements.
- + A lot of performance, networking and bug fixes!
Future Updates & Recruitment
BrainBread 2 is still in Early Access, however we hope to push it out of Early Access as soon as we finish more objective and story maps. A decent amount of weapons have been added throughout the last years, and we hope to add even more prior to the full release!
In order to fully finish these maps we also need new and unique NPCs to make the maps stand out, right now we're lacking content creators. If you know anyone who'd be interested in helping out with 3D Design, Animating, Texturing or Level Design please let them know that we'd love to have them on board!
That's it for now, hope to see ya'll in-game! And happy holidays!