the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 13' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on the Building functionality - especially the Ramp and the Roof/Floor. We have added the first version of the Sound track system and some of the environment sounds were reworked for more dynamic functionality. Furthermore we were also able to fix many issues.
The most notable new feature is the basic version of the SoundTrack system we added. And to increase the immersion we have added a simple night life sound with its volume dynamically changing based on Suns height in the sky (when the Sun goes down below the horizon) and when the player is in the vegetation zone. Volume of palm fronds and ocean sound are dynamically changing based on the actual wind speed and on the players distance to the actual shoreline.
We have fixed many issues in the building system and added some yet missing - but useful - features. The most reported issues were regarding the Ramp which is now climbable (no need to jump anymore). Its placement system was improved a little and trying to attach it to other objects doesn't make the green ghost ramp super wide. Another important change is that the Side-Beam frames no longer require 3 Simple pillar-s under them when the neighbouring Side-Beam frame has 2 Simple pillar-s under it. This makes it possible to build 4x4 sized roofs without the need of middle supporting pillars in the center of the room. The old functionality allowed to build only 2x2 sized rooms without a supporting pillar in its center.
01. Added: Multilanguage support for the Skills screen
02. Added: Basic SoundTrack system
03. Added: Basic music for menu, exploring and sailing/paddling
04. Added: Music Volume options element
05. Added: Effects Volume options element
06. Added: Dynamic sound system
07. Added: NightLife Sound is played based on players position on the island
08. Added: NightLife Sound is played based also on the Sun Altitude
09. Added: Ocean Sound is played based on Wind speed
10. Added: Ocean Sound is played also based on players distance to the shoreline
11. Changed: Palm Fronds sound is played based on Wind speed
01. Fixed: It is now possible to walk up the Ramp
02. Fixed: It is now walk on the Roof from the Ramp
03. Fixed: It is now walk on the Floor from the Ramp
04. Fixed: Ramp ghost building doesn't get super wide when placing
05. Fixed: Ramp attach system improved
06. Added: Ramp ghost building can be rotated
07. Changed: Side-beam frames do not require 3 simple pillar-s below them when the neighbouring side-beam frame has got 2 simple pillar-s below it
08. Fixed: Rotating a Wall Module ghost building when snapped on but not placed yet does not iterate rapidly between -180 and +180 angles anymore
09. Fixed: Rotating a Floor Module ghost building when not attached does not iterate rapidly between -90 and +90 angles anymore
10. Added: Rotation Key hints to ActionBar when Floor Module ghost building is active
11. Added: Side-Beam frame ghost building can be rotated from now on
12. Added: Rotating a Floor Module ghost building when it is attached but not placed yet
13. Fixed: Floatable objects (Canoe, Raft base) can be destroyed by hitting them with an axe
14. Fixed: Not completed building modules can be destroyed
15. Added: Height limit for Pillar-s was set to 8 meters
01. Fixed: Low Stamina influences Hit/Craft/Build options functioning well now
02. Fixed: One possible issue fixed causing canoe disappearing when exiting from it
03. Changed: Exiting the Canoe will place the Player on the Canoe and not throw him to the side of the Canoe
04. Added: In case of multiple Sails attached to the Raft their height is set simultaneously with the one being set
05. Fixed: Player wetness is not set to its maximal value when starting a new game
We will continue with general rechecking of all of the game features and will fix issues as they appear. The sailing system will also need some tweaking and tuning. We plan to work on improving the Crabs AI to prepare it for reuse in some new animal also.
There will also be some new gameplay elements, models and functionality added as fixing the remaining Raft/traveling issues will allow us, which we'll take care of based on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!