After more than 2 years in development we have decided to release a preview of our game for everyone. This release is purely a beta including some of our code and the maps. IT DOES NOT portray the full game (it can be considered a teaser) as many of the key features are intentionally saved for later releases. We are eager to hear your feedback to make sure we are on the right track with our ideas.
This BETA I release includes:
- 2 teams, Agathia Knights and The Mason Order.
- 3 Classes for each team, Archer, Footmen and Knights.
- 9 main weapon choices for each team. 3 per class.
- 3 Quests, three maps taken from the full storyline. Included are Dark Forest, Stoneshill and Westerlyn. Using the objective gameplay mode.
- All current materials for maps and models.
- All current models, players and props.
- Windows Client/Server installer (Also includes binarys for running a Linux and Windows Server)
- Linux server package (Same package as the Windows installer except for no installer.)
Thanks to all our dedicated fans who has waited a really long time for this, we hope you enjoy playing it as much as we have enjoyed making it. Just please be mindful that this is a teaser and will not reflect the quality of our final release - we just want you to enjoy what we have done thus far!.
In future releases you can expect more maps, weapons, effects and other coooool stuff. For the mappers, look our for a SDK which will be coming soon (along with a contest to raise interest).
Oh and while waiting for the download why don't you read our manual and join in the chat on our forums. Finally Team Chivalry is happy to receive feedback and suggestions so least us know so we can create the best game for you. Happy slaying, see you on the battlefields.