The long awaited moment is here. In June 2015, we took up development of this mod and oh boy how naive were we. Our original expectations was to bring all this type of content in the Winter of 2015.
As time progressed, we saw that not only is our aim really ambitious, but also that we want to make it as quality, polished and packed with variety as possible. This led to now almost a year and a half of development, 4 public versions released and absolute loads of fun. There was good times, there was bad times, but all of it is something we will never forget.
With this update, Bear Force II will enter a new era. Our vision is here, the skeleton is set. Our focus will be on building on this skeleton and bringing this mod to every corner of the galaxy!
Ladies and gentlemen, respected players and our beloved community - feast your eyes on the Launch Trailer!
As you have seen, the release date is indeed the 26th October 2016. In these 9 days we will continuously polish the mod as every feature sits complete and bugtested. Let's see what this update brings?
- 4 factions - Galactic Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire
- Jedi Guardian, Jedi Consular, Clone Trooper, Jet Trooper, ARC Trooper, Republic Commando, Clone Heavy Trooper, Clone Sharpshooter, Wookiee Warrior
- Acolyte Sorcerer, Acolyte Warrior, B1 Battle Droid, IG-34 Magna Guard, Bounty Hunter, B2 Super Battle Droid, BX Commando Droid, Geonosian Warrior
- Jedi, Rebel Trooper, Rebel Sharpshooter, Rebel Officer, Rebel Jet Trooper
- Sith, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper Sharpshooter, Stormtrooper Officer, Stormtrooper Jet
- Tons of uniforms, armours, helmets
- Completely redesigned shooting which includes
- Fully automatic weapons
- 9 unique weapon categories with over 30 weapons in total - Carbines, SMGs, Rifles, Light Rifles, Snipers, Shotguns, Blast Guns, Pistols and 6 unique weapons
- Weapon spray/recoil
- Bloodscreen for hit feedback
- Hip and shoulder aiming mode
- Jedi and Sith
- Different force powers
- Different races
- Customizable armours and uniforms, armour camouflage
- Sniper zoom
- Medic system
- Score system
- 70+ new maps on 20+ new planets
- Enhanced environment
- Custom soundtracks and music
- Unique weapon sounds
- New gamemodes
- Battle Random
- Reworked Conquest
- Including the classic Warband ones: Siege, Battle, Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag
- Redesigned User Interface
- Hundreds of new props, optimizations, tweaks...
- Opening of the new Discord server - a free, web based application for text and voice communication. Talk to the developers! Click on the image to join our server.
- Weekly public events - join lots of players every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7-9pm GMT!
- Weekly clan events - 200 player events with organized clans. Does it get more Star Wars than this?
- Official Bear Force II Cup - Soon we'll announce the beginning of this year's BFII Cup. Teams of 6 will compete in a cup based competition. Winner takes it all!
- Official Bear Force II Jedi Tournament - Our community manager Owen will launch a giant tournament. Who is the best Jedi?
- www.bearforce2.com will get some updates and love to make the website a community hub.
- Bear Force II Survey Analysis Video will be published tomorrow. What did the community tell us and what did we learn from the feedback?
At the end of this exciting announcement, all I can do is once again say thanks to the amazing players, my clan mates and all the developers whom I've had the honour to work with.
See you on 26th October on the servers!
- Bad Name Studios
- Bear Force II Development Team